Defraging with Diskeeper 2008??

JJ

Defraging with Diskeeper 2008??
I have Vista Premium and would like to install Diskeeper 2008 to replace
Windows SLOW Defrager. Can anyone tell me if it will conflict with Vista?
also Im thinking of loading Windows Live OneCare. Will it work with that??
Thanks for the help an have a great an safe day.
Peter Lawton

Re: Defraging with Diskeeper 2008??
I use Auslogics, it's very fast and free

http://www.auslogics.com/disk-defrag/index.php

Peter Lawton

"JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Premium and would like to install Diskeeper 2008 to replace
> Windows SLOW Defrager. Can anyone tell me if it will conflict with Vista?
> also Im thinking of loading Windows Live OneCare. Will it work with that??
> Thanks for the help an have a great an safe day.

Bob J

RE: Defraging with Diskeeper 2008??
Diskeeper 2008 works very well with Vista. have used it for past few years on
various OS and great to set and forget, agree MS Degrag slow and intrusive.
Diskeeper runs in background, does not clog up resorces
--
Regards
Bob J

"JJ" wrote:

> I have Vista Premium and would like to install Diskeeper 2008 to replace
> Windows SLOW Defrager. Can anyone tell me if it will conflict with Vista?
> also Im thinking of loading Windows Live OneCare. Will it work with that??
> Thanks for the help an have a great an safe day.

Bob J

RE: Defraging with Diskeeper 2008??
Sorry dont know about Onecare, run AV Avast with Windows firewall & Defender,
plus have Adware & Spybot S&D which I run occasionally to clean things up.
--

"JJ" wrote:

> I have Vista Premium and would like to install Diskeeper 2008 to replace
> Windows SLOW Defrager. Can anyone tell me if it will conflict with Vista?
> also Im thinking of loading Windows Live OneCare. Will it work with that??
> Thanks for the help an have a great an safe day.

PaulB

RE: Defraging with Diskeeper 2008??
Why do you think MS Vista defrag is intrusive? It works in the background and
except for that fact that your disks are not fragmented, you will never know
it is running.
--
Paul

"Bob J" wrote:

> Sorry dont know about Onecare, run AV Avast with Windows firewall & Defender,
> plus have Adware & Spybot S&D which I run occasionally to clean things up.
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> another source,post back & let us know.
> Then we all benefit.
>

> "JJ" wrote:
>
> > I have Vista Premium and would like to install Diskeeper 2008 to replace
> > Windows SLOW Defrager. Can anyone tell me if it will conflict with Vista?
> > also Im thinking of loading Windows Live OneCare. Will it work with that??
> > Thanks for the help an have a great an safe day.

Benjamin

Re: Defraging with Diskeeper 2008??

Yeah, automatic defragmenters follow the same underlying approach -
defrag unintrusively in the background only when necessary, but
automatically. It saves time and effort of defragmenting many drives
manually or by a schedule. The main difference between Vista's and third
party automatic defraggers is that the latter offer more
control/analysis, defrag choices and better performance/results. Whether
it is worth it in terms of $$$ would entirely depend on the premium you
are willing to pay for those features.

--
Benjamin
Peter Lawton

Re: Defraging with Diskeeper 2008??
My main issue with automatic defragmenters is that often their idea of "in
the background" isn't the same as mine is.

My definition would be "when I'm not executing any intensive programs,
moving my mouse or using the keyboard", the last time I used Diskeeper at
least, it happily went off thrashing my disks at the same time that I was
trying to use them myself.

Microsoft's seems to be similar to Diskeeper except that it takes much
longer to do a worse job of defragmentation.

Peter Lawton