vista repair for old system

pinkfloydfannn

vista repair for old system
I did not delete a pervious version of vista after mine crashed so now I have
an old and new version, how can I delete it without reinstalling all over
again if this is possible? Thank you
Rick Rogers

Re: vista repair for old system
Hi,

Describe your setup and where precisely the duplicate installation is
housed. Normally, a reinstall to the same volume should place the original
installation in a windows.old folder that can be deleted after data files
are recovered from it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"pinkfloydfannn" <pinkfloydfannn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I did not delete a pervious version of vista after mine crashed so now I
>have
> an old and new version, how can I delete it without reinstalling all over
> again if this is possible? Thank you

pinkfloydfannn

Re: vista repair for old system
Yes it said on reinstall that old files would be named windows.old, I'm not
sure where they are at and if I find them can I delete them without deleting
my vista version that I'm using now, not sure what you are asking, no
partition just a c drive.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Describe your setup and where precisely the duplicate installation is
> housed. Normally, a reinstall to the same volume should place the original
> installation in a windows.old folder that can be deleted after data files
> are recovered from it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "pinkfloydfannn" <pinkfloydfannn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I did not delete a pervious version of vista after mine crashed so now I
> >have
> > an old and new version, how can I delete it without reinstalling all over
> > again if this is possible? Thank you

Rick Rogers

Re: vista repair for old system
Hi,

It would be on the root, ie: C:\Windows.old

If you can't see it, set folder options in the control panel so that you can
see hidden and system folders.

--

news305A430-1320-4BDD-84AD-797251344895@microsoft.com...