NEW FOLDERS AUTOMATICALLY NAMING THEMSELVES

Alain Miller (Trinidad)

NEW FOLDERS AUTOMATICALLY NAMING THEMSELVES
HI,

WHEN I OPEN/CREATE A NEW FOLDER, IT AUTOMATICALLY RENAMES ITSELF AS SOME
SORT OF BIRD... MAGPIE, HERON ETC. THIS, TO ME, IS STRANGE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

ALAIN
Malke

Re: NEW FOLDERS AUTOMATICALLY NAMING THEMSELVES
Alain Miller (Trinidad) wrote:
> HI,
>
> WHEN I OPEN/CREATE A NEW FOLDER, IT AUTOMATICALLY RENAMES ITSELF AS SOME
> SORT OF BIRD... MAGPIE, HERON ETC. THIS, TO ME, IS STRANGE ANY SUGGESTIONS?
>
> ALAIN

In answer to both your posts:

The First Question Of Troubleshooting: what changed between the time
things worked and the time they didn't?

The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: what is the
malware/virus status of the machine? If you think it is clean, what
programs (and versions) did you use to determine this?

Be sure the computer is clean:

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: NEW FOLDERS AUTOMATICALLY NAMING THEMSELVES
From ALZIP Website:
http://www.altools.net/Portals/0/sup...ight_click.htm

ALTools PC Utilities - Zip, Unzip, FTP, Movie Player, DVD Player, Picture Viewer, Login Password manager Software:
http://www.altools.net/

<excerpt>

Simply click New folder to create one ('directory' and 'folder' refer to the same thing). The default folder name will be a species of bird. New folder functions the same as New --> Folder in Windows Explorer. Using the ALZip New folder function is simply much faster and more convenient than the traditional Windows Explorer option - one click as opposed to clicking, repositioning your cursor, and waiting for a flyout menu.

</excerpt>

You have this program installed, per chance?

--
Regards,

"Alain Miller (Trinidad)" <AlainMillerTrinidad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA11F8C3-851C-4E25-8F95-3DF1DFB006F9@microsoft.com...
HI,

WHEN I OPEN/CREATE A NEW FOLDER, IT AUTOMATICALLY RENAMES ITSELF AS SOME
SORT OF BIRD... MAGPIE, HERON ETC. THIS, TO ME, IS STRANGE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

ALAIN
Alain Miller (Trinidad)

Re: NEW FOLDERS AUTOMATICALLY NAMING THEMSELVES
Hi,

Thanks... this makes sense. I actually do have this program installed.

again thanks

Alain