ViiV error event ID 7031

Michael Walraven

ViiV error event ID 7031
System is Vista Home Premium, Dell XPS 410, includes a TV tuner card.
System is working fine, however when I look in the event viewer there is a
repeating error entry:

The Intel(R) Viiv(TM) Media Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has
done this 34121 time(s)
The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart
the service.

The event ID: is 7031, error is reporting from the Service Control Manager
Event Log Provider.
The error occurs at a rate of 337 per hour.

I do not have media extender devices such as an X-box. Only other device on
my home network is a laptop running Windows XP.

The XPS410 computer has a sticker on the front 'Intel Viiv' for what that is
worth.

I presume I 'turned on' some function I shouldn't have at some time, I would
like to get rid of the problem if possible so any suggestions welcome.

Michael

peter c.a.hawkins

RE: ViiV error event ID 7031
Iv`e had so many problems lately with intel and their viiv software so your
not alone.
Try this for starters:-Go into task manager ,services and stop M1 sever.
Get back to me if this does or does not work.
Don`t forget to reboot.

"Michael Walraven" wrote:

> System is Vista Home Premium, Dell XPS 410, includes a TV tuner card.
> System is working fine, however when I look in the event viewer there is a
> repeating error entry:
>
> The Intel(R) Viiv(TM) Media Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has
> done this 34121 time(s)
> The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart
> the service.
>
> The event ID: is 7031, error is reporting from the Service Control Manager
> Event Log Provider.
> The error occurs at a rate of 337 per hour.
>
> I do not have media extender devices such as an X-box. Only other device on
> my home network is a laptop running Windows XP.
>
> The XPS410 computer has a sticker on the front 'Intel Viiv' for what that is
> worth.
>
> I presume I 'turned on' some function I shouldn't have at some time, I would
> like to get rid of the problem if possible so any suggestions welcome.
>
> Michael

Michael Walraven

Re: ViiV error event ID 7031
Peter,
Thanks for you advice. That did seem to be the guy having problems.

What I did was to go through all the setup options menus and reselect
everything like it was before (with exception of notify on new connection
which had got set off somehow). After that exercise the generation of errors
stopped.

As an aside, I did not find many messages about Viiv problems. By which I
conclude that it works darn near perfect - OR - not many people using it.

Michael

"peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:EB34E577-94E8-4EE3-BEE2-460DE52A286C@microsoft.com...
> Iv`e had so many problems lately with intel and their viiv software so
> your
> not alone.
> Try this for starters:-Go into task manager ,services and stop M1 sever.
> Get back to me if this does or does not work.
> Don`t forget to reboot.
>
> "Michael Walraven" wrote:
>
>> System is Vista Home Premium, Dell XPS 410, includes a TV tuner card.
>> System is working fine, however when I look in the event viewer there is
>> repeating error entry:
>>
>> The Intel(R) Viiv(TM) Media Server service terminated unexpectedly. It
>> has
>> done this 34121 time(s)
>> The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds:
>> Restart
>> the service.
>>
>> The event ID: is 7031, error is reporting from the Service Control
>> Manager
>> Event Log Provider.
>> The error occurs at a rate of 337 per hour.
>>
>> I do not have media extender devices such as an X-box. Only other device
>> on
>> my home network is a laptop running Windows XP.
>>
>> The XPS410 computer has a sticker on the front 'Intel Viiv' for what that
>> is
>> worth.
>>
>> I presume I 'turned on' some function I shouldn't have at some time, I
>> would
>> like to get rid of the problem if possible so any suggestions welcome.
>>
>> Michael

peter c.a.hawkins

Re: ViiV error event ID 7031
If you haven`t already done so i would recommened you download version 1.7.1.
from intels site as they are stopping putting viiv updates on their web
site.It tells you about it on the viiv software page.

"Michael Walraven" wrote:

> Peter,
> Thanks for you advice. That did seem to be the guy having problems.
>
> What I did was to go through all the setup options menus and reselect
> everything like it was before (with exception of notify on new connection
> which had got set off somehow). After that exercise the generation of errors
> stopped.
>
> As an aside, I did not find many messages about Viiv problems. By which I
> conclude that it works darn near perfect - OR - not many people using it.
>
> Michael
>
> "peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:EB34E577-94E8-4EE3-BEE2-460DE52A286C@microsoft.com...
> > Iv`e had so many problems lately with intel and their viiv software so
> > your
> > not alone.
> > Try this for starters:-Go into task manager ,services and stop M1 sever.
> > Get back to me if this does or does not work.
> > Don`t forget to reboot.
> >
> > "Michael Walraven" wrote:
> >
> >> System is Vista Home Premium, Dell XPS 410, includes a TV tuner card.
> >> System is working fine, however when I look in the event viewer there is
> >> repeating error entry:
> >>
> >> The Intel(R) Viiv(TM) Media Server service terminated unexpectedly. It
> >> has
> >> done this 34121 time(s)
> >> The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds:
> >> Restart
> >> the service.
> >>
> >> The event ID: is 7031, error is reporting from the Service Control
> >> Manager
> >> Event Log Provider.
> >> The error occurs at a rate of 337 per hour.
> >>
> >> I do not have media extender devices such as an X-box. Only other device
> >> on
> >> my home network is a laptop running Windows XP.
> >>
> >> The XPS410 computer has a sticker on the front 'Intel Viiv' for what that
> >> is
> >> worth.
> >>
> >> I presume I 'turned on' some function I shouldn't have at some time, I
> >> would
> >> like to get rid of the problem if possible so any suggestions welcome.
> >>
> >> Michael

Michael Walraven

Re: ViiV error event ID 7031
Peter,
Thanks, I have done the upgrade to 1.7.1

message news:2F1A1CFF-04EE-471C-BD29-6C9FFA91F9EE@microsoft.com...