Windows Installer Does Not Work

polefroggy

Windows Installer Does Not Work
I can not get my Windows Installer to work. Anytime I try installing
something with the installer I get an error message stating Windows Installer
will not work. That it is not installed properly and to see my support
personnel.
Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
Hi,

Try running the installer cleanup utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"polefroggy" <polefroggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can not get my Windows Installer to work. Anytime I try installing
> something with the installer I get an error message stating Windows
> Installer
> will not work. That it is not installed properly and to see my support
> personnel.

polefroggy

Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
I tried, but I get a message stating "Windows Script Host Is Disabled On This
Machine". How do I correct that?

Thanx Rick

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try running the installer cleanup utility:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "polefroggy" <polefroggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can not get my Windows Installer to work. Anytime I try installing
> > something with the installer I get an error message stating Windows
> > Installer
> > will not work. That it is not installed properly and to see my support
> > personnel.

polefroggy

Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
Bump, Bump please

"polefroggy" wrote:

> I tried, but I get a message stating "Windows Script Host Is Disabled On This
> Machine". How do I correct that?
>
> Thanx Rick
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Try running the installer cleanup utility:
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "polefroggy" <polefroggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I can not get my Windows Installer to work. Anytime I try installing
> > > something with the installer I get an error message stating Windows
> > > Installer
> > > will not work. That it is not installed properly and to see my support
> > > personnel.

polefroggy

Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
Made an error in the message I get when trying to download the installer. The
error message reads: Windows script host access is disabled on this machine.

"polefroggy" wrote:

> Bump, Bump please
>
> "polefroggy" wrote:
>
> > I tried, but I get a message stating "Windows Script Host Is Disabled On This
> > Machine". How do I correct that?
> >
> > Thanx Rick
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Try running the installer cleanup utility:
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best of Luck,
> > >
> > > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
Hello,
What is the exact error message you are getting when Windows Installer does
not work?
Have you tried system restore?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|> From: =?Utf-8?B?cG9sZWZyb2dneQ==?= <polefroggy@discussions.microsoft.com>
|> Subject: Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
|> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:39:02 -0700
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
|>
|> Made an error in the message I get when trying to download the
installer. The
|> error message reads: Windows script host access is disabled on this
machine.

|> "polefroggy" wrote:
|>
|> > Bump, Bump please

Disabled On This

Windows

polefroggy

Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
Darrell, the exact error message I get is this: The Windows Installer Service
could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not
correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

That is the error message. As stated in previous posts, I can not get the
cleanup utility to work either.

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hello,
> What is the exact error message you are getting when Windows Installer does
> not work?
> Have you tried system restore?
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> |> From: =?Utf-8?B?cG9sZWZyb2dneQ==?= <polefroggy@discussions.microsoft.com>
> |> Subject: Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
> |> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:39:02 -0700
> |> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
> |>
> |> Made an error in the message I get when trying to download the
> installer. The
> |> error message reads: Windows script host access is disabled on this
> machine.

> Disabled On This

> message
> installing
> Windows
> support

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
Hello,
Could you get me the system registry hive? Compressed of course.
how big is it after compression?
c:\windows\system32\config\system ( back this file up, and compress it. let
me know the size)
What it the date on the system files in the following folder
c:\windows\system32\config\system32\regback
There should be a system and a system.old file in there
What are the dates on those files?

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|> From: =?Utf-8?B?cG9sZWZyb2dneQ==?= <polefroggy@discussions.microsoft.com>
|> Subject: Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
|> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:51:01 -0700
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
|>
|> Darrell, the exact error message I get is this: The Windows Installer
Service
|> could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not
|> correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.
|>
|> That is the error message. As stated in previous posts, I can not get
the
|> cleanup utility to work either.
|>
|> ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
|>
|> > Hello,
|> > What is the exact error message you are getting when Windows Installer
does
|> > not work?
|> > Have you tried system restore?
|> > Thanks,
|> > Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
|> >
|> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights
|> > --------------------
<polefroggy@discussions.microsoft.com>

|> > installer. The
|> > machine.

|> > Disabled On This

|> > message
|> > installing
|> > Windows
|> > support

daltonsdad

Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
I have the exact same problem and tried this as a
fix..C:\windows\system32...... refers to a location that is unavailable. It
could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network.

I would appreciate it if I could get a response. I have tried everything in
these threads and still cannot get the Installer repaired. Is there a way I
can go to MSN website and reload windows? It was included on my pc and no
hard copy came in the box. The retailer stated MS no longer provided discs
with the bundle packages. Thanks!

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hello,
> Could you get me the system registry hive? Compressed of course.
> how big is it after compression?
> c:\windows\system32\config\system ( back this file up, and compress it. let
> me know the size)
> What it the date on the system files in the following folder
> c:\windows\system32\config\system32\regback
> There should be a system and a system.old file in there
> What are the dates on those files?
>
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> |> From: =?Utf-8?B?cG9sZWZyb2dneQ==?= <polefroggy@discussions.microsoft.com>
> |> Subject: Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
> |> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:51:01 -0700
> |> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
> |>
> |> Darrell, the exact error message I get is this: The Windows Installer
> Service
> |> could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not
> |> correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.
> |>
> |> That is the error message. As stated in previous posts, I can not get
> the
> |> cleanup utility to work either.

> does

> rights
> <polefroggy@discussions.microsoft.com>

> my

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Re: Windows Installer Does Not Work
Hello,
Same questions as in my last posting apply for your issue:Hello,
Could you get me the system registry hive? (remove the online from my
displayed email address before sending it to me)