windows keeps freezing!!!

E. Candido

windows keeps freezing!!!
my computer keeps freezing, usually when I'm using Word or Internet explorer.
Does anyone know how to fix this for good- or at least how to shut my
computer down safely. I end up having to hold down the power button or
sometimes even taking the battery out. the ctrl+alt+del trick from previous
windows operating systems doesn't seem to work. (I have a ThinkPad X61s, and
I bought it about 2 months ago.)
lev

RE: windows keeps freezing!!!
I have exactly the same problem, also with a T61. Did you ever resolve this?

"E. Candido" wrote:

> my computer keeps freezing, usually when I'm using Word or Internet explorer.
> Does anyone know how to fix this for good- or at least how to shut my
> computer down safely. I end up having to hold down the power button or
> sometimes even taking the battery out. the ctrl+alt+del trick from previous
> windows operating systems doesn't seem to work. (I have a ThinkPad X61s, and
> I bought it about 2 months ago.)

Malke

Re: windows keeps freezing!!!
lev wrote:
> I have exactly the same problem, also with a T61. Did you ever resolve this?
>
> "E. Candido" wrote:
>
>> my computer keeps freezing, usually when I'm using Word or Internet explorer.
>> Does anyone know how to fix this for good- or at least how to shut my
>> computer down safely. I end up having to hold down the power button or
>> sometimes even taking the battery out. the ctrl+alt+del trick from previous
>> windows operating systems doesn't seem to work. (I have a ThinkPad X61s, and
>> I bought it about 2 months ago.)

The first thing to try is a BIOS update. You will get this from Lenovo
for your specific model ThinkPad. If that doesn't work, contact Lenovo
tech support because this could be a hardware issue.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
E. Candido

RE: windows keeps freezing!!!
I ended up calling IBM and they made me ship the computer back so they could
put in a new hard drive, which they said was the problem. I just got it back
though, so I haven't had enough time to see if it actually is fixed yet.