Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

sm56hlpr.exe-bad image error message

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2007
Chuck
 

Posts: n/a
sm56hlpr.exe-bad image error message
I get this message when I start up on my windows vista that says error
sm56hlpr.exe-bad image with the body message:
"c:\windows\system32\oledlg.dll is either not designed to run on windows or
it contains an err. Try installing the program again using the original
installation media or contact your system administrator or the software
vendor for support."
After I close it this message comes up
"bigfix.exe-bad image and the same message body as above
It seems this started after an update or when the computer went into
hibernation.
HELP!
--
Always Looking For Tips On Using One Note As A Math Teacher! :0)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2007
Jonathan Yaniv- Windows Live Butterfly Expert
 

Posts: n/a
Re: sm56hlpr.exe-bad image error message
Can you please contact Microsoft product support services regarding this...

This is an issue that they are currently researching, and if you give them
information regarding your problem, they will be able to help you, and many
others

May I ask, did you install AIM 6.5? If so, that’s the source of your
problem.

--
Thank you,

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows Live™ Butterfly Expert


"Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news0FE6700-9956-471C-853C-DF001DBBECF1@microsoft.com...
> I get this message when I start up on my windows vista that says error
> sm56hlpr.exe-bad image with the body message:
> "c:\windows\system32\oledlg.dll is either not designed to run on windows
> or
> it contains an err. Try installing the program again using the original
> installation media or contact your system administrator or the software
> vendor for support."
> After I close it this message comes up
> "bigfix.exe-bad image and the same message body as above
> It seems this started after an update or when the computer went into
> hibernation.
> HELP!
> --
> Always Looking For Tips On Using One Note As A Math Teacher! :0)


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2007
Chuck
 

Posts: n/a
Re: sm56hlpr.exe-bad image error message
I got an email about AIM 6.5 but don 't think i installed it... I can't find
it anyway.
--



"Jonathan Yaniv- Windows Live Butterfly E" wrote:

> Can you please contact Microsoft product support services regarding this...
>
> This is an issue that they are currently researching, and if you give them
> information regarding your problem, they will be able to help you, and many
> others
>
> May I ask, did you install AIM 6.5? If so, that’s the source of your
> problem.
>
> --
> Thank you,
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> Jonathan Yaniv
> Microsoft Windows Live™ Butterfly Expert
>
>
> "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news0FE6700-9956-471C-853C-DF001DBBECF1@microsoft.com...
> > I get this message when I start up on my windows vista that says error
> > sm56hlpr.exe-bad image with the body message:
> > "c:\windows\system32\oledlg.dll is either not designed to run on windows
> > or
> > it contains an err. Try installing the program again using the original
> > installation media or contact your system administrator or the software
> > vendor for support."
> > After I close it this message comes up
> > "bigfix.exe-bad image and the same message body as above
> > It seems this started after an update or when the computer went into
> > hibernation.
> > HELP!
> > --
> > Always Looking For Tips On Using One Note As A Math Teacher! :0)

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2007
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: sm56hlpr.exe-bad image error message
Chuck wrote:
> I get this message when I start up on my windows vista that says error
> sm56hlpr.exe-bad image with the body message:
> "c:\windows\system32\oledlg.dll is either not designed to run on windows or
> it contains an err. Try installing the program again using the original
> installation media or contact your system administrator or the software
> vendor for support."
> After I close it this message comes up
> "bigfix.exe-bad image and the same message body as above
> It seems this started after an update or when the computer went into
> hibernation.
> HELP!


BigFix is unnecessary and usually invasive software that came
preinstalled with your OEM computer. It usually comes on Gateway
machines, for instance. I would uninstall BigFix from the Programs &
Features applet in Control Panel or contact your OEM's tech support for
help with their preinstalled software.


Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2007
Jonathan Yaniv- Windows Live Butterfly Expert
 

Posts: n/a
Re: sm56hlpr.exe-bad image error message
Just double check please....

AIM has been causing a lot of problems, so if you have AIM remove it, just
to make sure that AIM isnt the cause of this.

--
Thank you,

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows Live™ Butterfly Expert


"Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3FE7A9FB-D6A1-4053-85CB-CE4E74802D24@microsoft.com...
> I got an email about AIM 6.5 but don 't think i installed it... I can't
> find
> it anyway.
> --
>
>
>
> "Jonathan Yaniv- Windows Live Butterfly E" wrote:
>
>> Can you please contact Microsoft product support services regarding
>> this...
>>
>> This is an issue that they are currently researching, and if you give
>> them
>> information regarding your problem, they will be able to help you, and
>> many
>> others
>>
>> May I ask, did you install AIM 6.5? If so, that’s the source of your
>> problem.
>>
>> --
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Have a nice day,
>>
>> Jonathan Yaniv
>> Microsoft Windows Live™ Butterfly Expert
>>
>>
>> "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news0FE6700-9956-471C-853C-DF001DBBECF1@microsoft.com...
>> > I get this message when I start up on my windows vista that says error
>> > sm56hlpr.exe-bad image with the body message:
>> > "c:\windows\system32\oledlg.dll is either not designed to run on
>> > windows
>> > or
>> > it contains an err. Try installing the program again using the original
>> > installation media or contact your system administrator or the software
>> > vendor for support."
>> > After I close it this message comes up
>> > "bigfix.exe-bad image and the same message body as above
>> > It seems this started after an update or when the computer went into
>> > hibernation.
>> > HELP!
>> > --
>> > Always Looking For Tips On Using One Note As A Math Teacher! :0)

>>
>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hl2.exe error message with Vista only Sean microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 4 10-30-2007 21:40
Windows- Bad Image Error LOU microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 0 10-07-2007 15:30
Windows 'Bad image ' error message Strollow microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 6 07-30-2007 16:19
Bad Image Error message...Help Dianne microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 04-27-2007 16:05
LifeCam.exe error message =?Utf-8?B?Z3J1bnRzNzc5?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-14-2007 02:01




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:43.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120