best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me toselect files and folders to backup and restore

Lisa Hetherington

best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me toselect files and folders to backup and restore
I basically have 10 GB of music, 5 GB of pictures and 1 GB of documents
plus a couple of folders on my Desktop (containing downloads) that I
would like to be able to backup. I have a restore CD to restore to
factory settings...it's my data I'm worried about.

Vista doesn't let me select the files and folders I want.

I don't want to spend a lot of $$ but I do want easy backup and restore.

What are my best options?

....Lisa
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me to select files and folders to backup and restore
Consider investing in a good external drive.

Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148233

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:uKiWB6zEIHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
I basically have 10 GB of music, 5 GB of pictures and 1 GB of documents
plus a couple of folders on my Desktop (containing downloads) that I
would like to be able to backup. I have a restore CD to restore to
factory settings...it's my data I'm worried about.

Vista doesn't let me select the files and folders I want.

I don't want to spend a lot of $$ but I do want easy backup and restore.

What are my best options?

....Lisa
Lisa Hetherington

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Premium that will allow meto select files and folders to backup and restore
I have an external HD plugged into my XP desktop but Vista won`t backup
to the external HD plugged into an XP machine....I don`t want to be
switching the external HD between laptop desktop all the time...so I`m
going to use DVD`s on laptop...but want good backup software for it.

....Lisa

....Lisa XP Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Consider investing in a good external drive.
>
> Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148233

Kerry Brown

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Premium that will allow me to select files and folders to backup and restore
I've used Acronis True Image and Novabackup with good results.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/

http://www.novastor.com/pcbackup/backup/n_backup.html

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

>I have an external HD plugged into my XP desktop but Vista won`t backup to
>the external HD plugged into an XP machine....I don`t want to be switching
>the external HD between laptop desktop all the time...so I`m going to use
>DVD`s on laptop...but want good backup software for it.
>
> ...Lisa
>
> ...Lisa XP Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
>> Consider investing in a good external drive.
>>
>> Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148233

hamiltoncruiser

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Premium that will allow me to select files and folders to backup and restore
Thanks Ken for the suggestions.

....Lisa

On Oct 20, 2:04 pm, "Kerry Brown" <ke...@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m>
wrote:
> I've used Acronis True Image and Novabackup with good results.
>
> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/
>
> http://www.novastor.com/pcbackup/backup/n_backup.html
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/Userhttp://www.vistahelp.ca
>
> "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.l...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> >I have an external HD plugged into my XP desktop but Vista won`t backup to
> >the external HD plugged into an XP machine....I don`t want to be switching
> >the external HD between laptop desktop all the time...so I`m going to use
> >DVD`s on laptop...but want good backup software for it.

> > ...Lisa

> > ...Lisa XP Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> >> Consider investing in a good external drive.

> >> Example:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148233

Iain

Kerry Brown wrote:
> I've used Acronis True Image and Novabackup with good results.
>
> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/
>
> http://www.novastor.com/pcbackup/backup/n_backup.html

Be aware of the following of Novastore:
" NovaBACKUP does not currently support Disaster Recovery for Windows
Vista. "

Kerry Brown

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Premium that will allow me to select files and folders to backup and restore
Good point. I didn't know that. I assume you can reinstall Vista, install
Novabackup, then restore from there.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"Iain" <iain@comnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Kerry Brown wrote:
>> I've used Acronis True Image and Novabackup with good results.
>>
>> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/
>>
>> http://www.novastor.com/pcbackup/backup/n_backup.html
>>

> Be aware of the following of Novastore:
> " NovaBACKUP does not currently support Disaster Recovery for Windows
> Vista. "

JohnnyBoy

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me toselect files and folders to backup and restore

Hey i think i found what are you looking for they don't have any
expensive prices and they offer 3gb of free online back storage and also
a free software , they are called Dmailer
http://www.dmailer.com/dmailer-backup.html , i heard a lot of people
saying this is good i also downloaded and i will test it as soon as
possible , hope it will do the trick for you.

Cheers

--
JohnnyBoy
JohnnyBoy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222374.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

safety123@invalid.aol.com

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me toselect files and folders to backup and restore
On Thu, 20 May 2010 03:21:16 -0500, JohnnyBoy
<JohnnyBoy.4b95lc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>Hey i think i found what are you looking for they don't have any
>expensive prices and they offer 3gb of free online back storage and also
>a free software , they are called Dmailer
>http://www.dmailer.com/dmailer-backup.html ,

I'm using Mozy. It also gives you 2 gigs free.

Do a google search *online backup & reviews*. I found it interesting
~*~*~*Amy mailto:awilliamson3771@charter.net~*~*~
Save a Tree, Save our Planet, Recycle, Think Organic

Thought of the day:
Scratch and Sniff -> ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓...Smells like glass, eh?