User Account Control is blocking SAME program everytime I load it

Bruce

User Account Control is blocking SAME program everytime I load it
Everytime I load Dreamweaver, User Account Control blocks it and I have grant
approval to load. I would think that Once I have approved a program, it would
be approved forever! Is there any way I can tell Vista is "OK" and I then I
won't have to approve it EVERYTIME it's loaded.
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: User Account Control is blocking SAME program everytime I load it
Bruce

Unfortunately, the behavior you are wanting to see would defeat the purpose
of UAC. If a program was allowed to bypass UAC, this would make the system
vulnerable since any malicous program would be able to use that program to
gain access to sensitive parts of your computer.

The reason that a program is blocked is because it tries to write files to
system wide areas of Vista. It is usually a very simple procedure for a
software developer to patch a program that follows the recommended security
guidelines which allows the program to run without elevated privileges.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I load Dreamweaver, User Account Control blocks it and I have
> grant
> approval to load. I would think that Once I have approved a program, it
> would
> be approved forever! Is there any way I can tell Vista is "OK" and I then
> won't have to approve it EVERYTIME it's loaded.

Lillypad

Re: User Account Control is blocking SAME program everytime I load it
I have Dreamweaver as well and ran into the same problem (along with many others) that were just infuriating. I ended up turning off the User Account Control and that allowed me to open programs like that and to move files in the Program Files that I had to move around. It's located in the Control Panel under Security and 'Other security settings'. You should be able to change it there, but if for some reason you can't, use Help. That's how (after many tears of frustration and a few hours later) I found out how to disable it.