MS Backup Tool (How to see size of backup files?)

sunsetboulevard

MS Backup Tool (How to see size of backup files?)
I just used the new MS Backup Tool in Vista to do a complete backup of my
files.

All seems to be well; I am able to restore a document that I purposefully
deleted.

But when I go to the hard drive that holds the backup and navigate to the
folder for the backup (Backup Set ...), it says the folder is empty with 0
bytes.

I'm sure that files are hidden somehow.

How do I assure myself that there really are backup files in there and see
their size?

It would make a newbie sleep better at night.

THANKS!
John
sunsetboulevard

RE: MS Backup Tool (How to see size of backup files?)
I found a partial solution ...

In folder options, I enabled "see hidden files/folders."

Voila! There were my backup files all nicely zipped. It still doesn't show
the size of the folders and subfolders. But at least now I can see them.

Sorry for adding traffic; have a nice day!
John

"sunsetboulevard" wrote:

> I just used the new MS Backup Tool in Vista to do a complete backup of my
> files.
>
> All seems to be well; I am able to restore a document that I purposefully
> deleted.
>
> But when I go to the hard drive that holds the backup and navigate to the
> folder for the backup (Backup Set ...), it says the folder is empty with 0
> bytes.
>
> I'm sure that files are hidden somehow.
>
> How do I assure myself that there really are backup files in there and see
> their size?
>
> It would make a newbie sleep better at night.
>
> THANKS!
> John

TealMama

Re: MS Backup Tool (How to see size of backup files?)
In Windows Explorer, Set "View" to details and then right click on the
bar in the details window that shows Name, etc and select the details
you want viewable (such as Size, rating, etc) or you can right click on
the filename itself and select Properties. Either way will show you the
size of your files.

"sunsetboulevard" <sunsetboulevard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:29393728-28D9-4EE4-9056-E3D0D9DAFEFB@microsoft.com...