Wireless mouse trouble

YPenney

Wireless mouse trouble
Im having trouble with my wireless mouse. Im getting the message in the
bottom righht hand corner sayng, one of your usb plug-ins has malfunctioned,
and then my mouse loses all power. Can anyone help me?
Malke

Re: Wireless mouse trouble
YPenney wrote:
> Im having trouble with my wireless mouse. Im getting the message in the
> bottom righht hand corner sayng, one of your usb plug-ins has malfunctioned,
> and then my mouse loses all power. Can anyone help me?

1. Get the latest drivers from the mouse mftr. and install them.
2. Put new batteries in the mouse.

Other than that, I can't guess because you've told us nothing about your
computer, your Vista installation (preinstalled on an OEM machine?
clean-installed by you? installed as an upgrade by you?), or your mouse.

How to Post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
ato_zee@hotmail.com

Re: Wireless mouse trouble

On 19-Oct-2007, Malke <notreally@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> > Im having trouble with my wireless mouse. Im getting the message in the
> > bottom righht hand corner sayng, one of your usb plug-ins has
> > malfunctioned,
> > and then my mouse loses all power. Can anyone help me?

> 1. Get the latest drivers from the mouse mftr. and install them.
> 2. Put new batteries in the mouse.

And make sure the mouse is in range of its base USB dongle.
Plugging a little dongle into the back of the PC's case may
mean the case is screening the signal and putting the
mouse out of range. Using a USB extender putting the
base about a foot from the mouse fixed it for me.
If it's an AA, or worse AAA battery mouse, fresh alkalines
in the mouse may only last a couple of weeks or less.
Rechargeable stands are the way to go, but if the
mouse is off the stand most of the day it too runs
out from not charging enough. I modded mine to
ditch the USB charging, and used a universal multi-voltage
DC wall wart to charge the mouses battery, using AA
2500 Ni-Mh, overnight it charges enough to last all
day. No more mouse problems.
By the way I have a conventional wireless mouse,
Logitech ball mouse, and graphics pad with mouse
and pen/stylus, all move the pointer around.
Being able to reach for the ball mouse with its
horizontal scroll can be very useful for large spreadsheeets.