Control Panel Icon labels (text) missing

davidfi01

Control Panel Icon labels (text) missing
I am not sure why, but when I use Control Panel in Classic View with Medium
Icons, the test labels for the icons uisually located underneath has
dissappeared.

What do I need to do to get the text associated with each icon to display
again?

The Icon name and category is viewable in all other views other than
Mediaum, Large, and extra large icon view.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

lg123 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Control Panel Icon labels (text) missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfi01 View Post
I am not sure why, but when I use Control Panel in Classic View with Medium
Icons, the test labels for the icons uisually located underneath has
dissappeared.

What do I need to do to get the text associated with each icon to display
again?

The Icon name and category is viewable in all other views other than
Mediaum, Large, and extra large icon view.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Windows Vista Community Forums | Microsoft Answers
This worked for me:

Both Windows Vista and Windows XP have a well-hidden ability to display thumbnail images with no labels. This feature is probably most useful in a folder containing just pictures. When you invoke it by accident, it can definitely make life difficult.
To display the contents of a folder as thumbnails with no filenames, simply hold down a Shift key while switching the folder from Details view to Thumbnails view in XP or to one of the several Icons views in Vista. In my experience, this action is a bit less responsive in Vista—you may have to try several times. But clearly it wouldn't be hard to invoke this feature accidentally.
So how do you get back the filenames? First, make sure the problem folder is currently set to display in one of the filename-free thumbnail views. Now click on some other folder, hold down a Shift key, and click back on the folder whose filenames you want to recover. Here again I found that in Vista I sometimes had to try several times. Now that you know how to turn this feature on and off at will, perhaps you'll find it's actually useful.