Microphone volume...

Megan

Microphone volume...
Either my microphone or my sound recorder is having trouble with volume. It's
really quiet, even when speaking at a normal tone. Every volume level is as
high as it will go,(including those in the Control Panel's "Sounds"
category), but it seems like I have to be talking directly into it to hear
anything coherent. I have an HP Pavillion dv9620, with a built in mic and
webcam. Windows Vista Home Premium.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.
Megan

RE: Microphone volume...
Anyone? Please?

"Megan" wrote:

> Either my microphone or my sound recorder is having trouble with volume. It's
> really quiet, even when speaking at a normal tone. Every volume level is as
> high as it will go,(including those in the Control Panel's "Sounds"
> category), but it seems like I have to be talking directly into it to hear
> anything coherent. I have an HP Pavillion dv9620, with a built in mic and
> webcam. Windows Vista Home Premium.
>
> If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Microphone volume...
Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
select Recording Devices. In the Recording window, highlight Microphone and
press the Properties button. On the Levels tab, adjust your microphone level.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Megan" <Megan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsD521FF1-0B1E-4E1A-B6B7-C82F25259E18@microsoft.com...
> Anyone? Please?
>
> "Megan" wrote:
>
>> Either my microphone or my sound recorder is having trouble with volume. It's
>> really quiet, even when speaking at a normal tone. Every volume level is as
>> high as it will go,(including those in the Control Panel's "Sounds"
>> category), but it seems like I have to be talking directly into it to hear
>> anything coherent. I have an HP Pavillion dv9620, with a built in mic and
>> webcam. Windows Vista Home Premium.
>>
>> If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Megan

Re: Microphone volume...
I've already done that. It's up as far as it will go. But thanks anyways!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
> select Recording Devices. In the Recording window, highlight Microphone and
> press the Properties button. On the Levels tab, adjust your microphone level.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Megan" <Megan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsD521FF1-0B1E-4E1A-B6B7-C82F25259E18@microsoft.com...
> > Anyone? Please?
> >
> > "Megan" wrote:
> >
> >> Either my microphone or my sound recorder is having trouble with volume. It's
> >> really quiet, even when speaking at a normal tone. Every volume level is as
> >> high as it will go,(including those in the Control Panel's "Sounds"
> >> category), but it seems like I have to be talking directly into it to hear
> >> anything coherent. I have an HP Pavillion dv9620, with a built in mic and
> >> webcam. Windows Vista Home Premium.
> >>
> >> If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Andereida

Re: Microphone volume...
Hi, Megan.

Its probably no help to you but I have an HP laptop with precisely the same
problem. Think it is a HP software/hardware feature rather than a VISTA one
but I've not been able so far to get anything from HP here in Europe.
You might have better luck on your side of the pond.

khb