Host processes keeps crashing!

Dave.

Host processes keeps crashing!
First off i'd just like to say the microsoft support center is bullsh*t. I
try to send a support ticket and it tells me my product ID is invalid. What,
do i not get support because it's OEM..?

Okay so the problem is Host processes.exe frequently "stops working" and
restarts itself, i can't seem to pinpoint whats triggering it. It isn't
really a problem it's just incredibly annoying.

Oh while i'm here certain sites, especially myspace crash internet explorer 7.

Any suggestions?
DevilsPGD

Re: Host processes keeps crashing!
In message <2D86B2B2-6E04-47A3-A41B-1825DA7E8F92@microsoft.com> Dave.
<Dave.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>First off i'd just like to say the microsoft support center is bullsh*t. I
>try to send a support ticket and it tells me my product ID is invalid. What,
>do i not get support because it's OEM..?

That's correct -- It's the OEM's job to support you, not Microsoft.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
Richard Urban

Re: Host processes keeps crashing!
Right!

OEM's must support their OEM installed version of Windows. If YOU bought an
OEM version and installed it yourself, then **YOU** are the OEM and are
expected to support yourself. After all, you paid a small fraction of the
retail price for the OEM version.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"Dave." <Dave.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First off i'd just like to say the microsoft support center is bullsh*t. I
> try to send a support ticket and it tells me my product ID is invalid.
> What,
> do i not get support because it's OEM..?
>
> Okay so the problem is Host processes.exe frequently "stops working" and
> restarts itself, i can't seem to pinpoint whats triggering it. It isn't
> really a problem it's just incredibly annoying.
>
> Oh while i'm here certain sites, especially myspace crash internet
> explorer 7.
>
> Any suggestions?

Rick Rogers

Re: Host processes keeps crashing!
Hi,

As others have mentioned, an OEM version is supported by the distributor,
not Microsoft.

The crashes in IE7 are likely attributable to a plugin/addon. Close IE7 and
go into the Control Panel/Internet Options, on the programs tab click the
button to manage addons and begin disabling those that load with Internet
Explorer. Then retry those sites. I think you may find that this will help
alleviate your other issue as well.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Dave." <Dave.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First off i'd just like to say the microsoft support center is bullsh*t. I
> try to send a support ticket and it tells me my product ID is invalid.
> What,
> do i not get support because it's OEM..?
>
> Okay so the problem is Host processes.exe frequently "stops working" and
> restarts itself, i can't seem to pinpoint whats triggering it. It isn't
> really a problem it's just incredibly annoying.
>
> Oh while i'm here certain sites, especially myspace crash internet
> explorer 7.
>
> Any suggestions?

Dave.

RE: Host processes keeps crashing!
Thanks for the replies guys, that is very unfortunate for me then isn't it
I didn't have the money for retail at the time i purchased vista OEM with my
new hard drive.

I shall try disabling plug-ins, and see how i go.
Will microsoft still offer me support if i am to call their customer service
hotline? Or will they ignore me because i purchased OEM

Sorry for the harsh words to microsoft, i was kinda stressed at the time as
i had enough trouble even finding my way to these support forums let alone
the support ticket...

"Dave." wrote:

> First off i'd just like to say the microsoft support center is bullsh*t. I
> try to send a support ticket and it tells me my product ID is invalid. What,
> do i not get support because it's OEM..?
>
> Okay so the problem is Host processes.exe frequently "stops working" and
> restarts itself, i can't seem to pinpoint whats triggering it. It isn't
> really a problem it's just incredibly annoying.
>
> Oh while i'm here certain sites, especially myspace crash internet explorer 7.
>
> Any suggestions?

Richard Urban

Re: Host processes keeps crashing!
If you call Microsoft support, they will ask for your product ID. they will
know you have an OEM version. At that point you can choose to pay for
support. With a retail version you get 2 free support incidents - choose
your calls wisely. (-:

--

> Thanks for the replies guys, that is very unfortunate for me then isn't it
>
> I didn't have the money for retail at the time i purchased vista OEM with
> my
> new hard drive.
>
> I shall try disabling plug-ins, and see how i go.
> Will microsoft still offer me support if i am to call their customer
> service
> hotline? Or will they ignore me because i purchased OEM
>
> Sorry for the harsh words to microsoft, i was kinda stressed at the time
> as
> i had enough trouble even finding my way to these support forums let alone
> the support ticket...
>
> "Dave." wrote:
>
>> First off i'd just like to say the microsoft support center is bullsh*t.
>> try to send a support ticket and it tells me my product ID is invalid.
>> What,
>> do i not get support because it's OEM..?
>>
>> Okay so the problem is Host processes.exe frequently "stops working" and
>> restarts itself, i can't seem to pinpoint whats triggering it. It isn't
>> really a problem it's just incredibly annoying.
>>
>> Oh while i'm here certain sites, especially myspace crash internet
>> explorer 7.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

Robert

Re: Host processes keeps crashing!
I am still trying to narrow down the crashes on my computer too. So Far it
has been 4 hours and no crash. Usually happens when I do something intensive
like editing a video file from Windows Media Center or burning a disc....
Still trying to narrow it all down.