Built in webcam problems

Doll7

Built in webcam problems
I have a fairly new Toshiba A215-S4807 laptop. Whenever I turn on my laptop I
get an error message that says : "Webcam driver open fail. Please Restart
camera or computer."
After I restart the computer, I get the same message again, and when I try
to go to the 'camera assistant software', I wait, but nothing ever opens..
If anyone else has had this problem or has any ideas on what could be wrong,
help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time
Rob

Re: Built in webcam problems

"Doll7" <Doll7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a fairly new Toshiba A215-S4807 laptop. Whenever I turn on my
> laptop I
> get an error message that says : "Webcam driver open fail. Please Restart
> camera or computer."
> After I restart the computer, I get the same message again, and when I try
> to go to the 'camera assistant software', I wait, but nothing ever opens..
> If anyone else has had this problem or has any ideas on what could be
> wrong,
> help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you so much for your time

Goto Start>Control Panel>Windows Defender>Tools>Software Explorer.

Click "Show for all users"

Look for a startup entry relating to your webcam. Disable it. Reboot PC. Do
you still see message

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

Dell Dimension 8300 Desktop
P4 3.0GHz
1GB RAM
Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit
ATI Radeon 9800 XT
Creative SB Audigy 2

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Built in webcam problems
Check with Toshibas website for a newer webcam driver and install it.
If there is no newer driver, reinstall the latest.
Do not assume the laptop shipped with the latest driver, this is often
not true.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Doll7" <Doll7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a fairly new Toshiba A215-S4807 laptop. Whenever I turn on my
>laptop I
> get an error message that says : "Webcam driver open fail. Please
> Restart
> camera or computer."
> After I restart the computer, I get the same message again, and when
> I try
> to go to the 'camera assistant software', I wait, but nothing ever
> opens..
> If anyone else has had this problem or has any ideas on what could
> be wrong,
> help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you so much for your time

Doll7

Re: Built in webcam problems

Thank you so much! downloading the webcam driver again seems to have
everything in working order!
Thanks again,
Doll7
"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Check with Toshibas website for a newer webcam driver and install it.
> If there is no newer driver, reinstall the latest.
> Do not assume the laptop shipped with the latest driver, this is often
> not true.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Doll7" <Doll7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a fairly new Toshiba A215-S4807 laptop. Whenever I turn on my
> >laptop I
> > get an error message that says : "Webcam driver open fail. Please
> > Restart
> > camera or computer."
> > After I restart the computer, I get the same message again, and when
> > I try
> > to go to the 'camera assistant software', I wait, but nothing ever
> > opens..
> > If anyone else has had this problem or has any ideas on what could
> > be wrong,
> > help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thank you so much for your time

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Built in webcam problems
Glad to know the driver fixed it.

--

> Thank you so much! downloading the webcam driver again seems to
> have
> everything in working order!
> Thanks again,
> Doll7

kuufer

Re: Built in webcam problems

Hello,

I have been getting the same error "Webcam driver Fail. Please
restart computer or camera"

I have looked and tried a number of things.

I have not been able to find the driver on the toshiba site

Laptop > Satelite > P205-S7469

I put that in and look and no drivers come up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

--
kuufer
professional100

Re: Built in webcam problems

Go to this link:
'Model Content Page'
(http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ily=1073768663)

this has the latest drivers for your laptop

--
professional100
f/fgeorge

Re: Built in webcam problems
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:31:23 -0600, professional100
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Go to this link:
>'Model Content Page'
>(http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ily=1073768663)
>
>this has the latest drivers for your laptop

Just remember to scan your pc REGULARLY for viruses AND spyware!!
There IS a virus going around that can turn on your webcam and take
pictures of you and yours without you even knowing about it!!
pimento

Re: Built in webcam problems

I have a similar problem, except the the downloading new drivers don't
seem to help!

I have a toshiba satellite a305-s6825 with a built-in web cam. I tried
using it on skype, but it wasn't detecting my camera. It used to work
perfectly. After talking to toshiba, I reinstalled the camera drivers,
even did a system restore. I checked a few forums and one solution was
to download an older driver... still doesnt work. Now each time I boot
my computer, it gives me an error ''webcam driver fail. Please restart
camera or computer.''I attempted to restart the camera, but it has
disappeared from the device manager, the ''imaging systems'' category no
longer exists. Please Help!!

--
pimento