Can't Hide Taskbar?...

WM

Can't Hide Taskbar?...
I see the option to 'manually' hide the taskbar is no longer available in
windows vista? The only way to hide it now is to turn on 'auto-hide'.

I can drag the taskbar up and down fine, but why can't I drag it to hide
like I could in previous versions of windows?

It may be a small issue, but it is one of a few I'm finding irritating
enough to switch back to good ol' XP.

Is this a known problem? Will it be fixed in SP1? I don't seem to be finding
much on it.
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Can't Hide Taskbar?...
WM

This option was probably removed as a result of the many thousands of
complaints from people who 'lost' their Taskbar.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"WM" <WM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I see the option to 'manually' hide the taskbar is no longer available in
> windows vista? The only way to hide it now is to turn on 'auto-hide'.
>
> I can drag the taskbar up and down fine, but why can't I drag it to hide
> like I could in previous versions of windows?
>
> It may be a small issue, but it is one of a few I'm finding irritating
> enough to switch back to good ol' XP.
>
> Is this a known problem? Will it be fixed in SP1? I don't seem to be
> finding
> much on it.

Richard Urban

Re: Can't Hide Taskbar?...
If you right click on the taskbar and go to "properties" you can turn on
auto-hide.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban

> WM
>
> This option was probably removed as a result of the many thousands of
> complaints from people who 'lost' their Taskbar.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "WM" <WM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I see the option to 'manually' hide the taskbar is no longer available in
>> windows vista? The only way to hide it now is to turn on 'auto-hide'.
>>
>> I can drag the taskbar up and down fine, but why can't I drag it to hide
>> like I could in previous versions of windows?
>>
>> It may be a small issue, but it is one of a few I'm finding irritating
>> enough to switch back to good ol' XP.
>>
>> Is this a known problem? Will it be fixed in SP1? I don't seem to be
>> finding
>> much on it.

WM

Re: Can't Hide Taskbar?...
Ronnie, Thanks for your response.

I thought the reason must have been something like that. I wonder if this
option could be turned back on with a 'regedit'? This issue should have been
addressed with more user notifications, or an option to switch it on/off. Not
completely removed.

I've noticed a few more people are complaining of it. I hope to see this
addressed in SP1. If anyone knows of a fix, please let me know.

Thanks.