Re: Windows Update Error 8007277B

Robert Aldwinckle

"Magnificent Man" <MagnificentMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:81A1FEEA-CF43-4B3E-9C66-7310C680A242@microsoft.com...
> I'm running Vista Home Premium. After checking for updates, I receive error
> 8007277B. I have read what 'help' has to say about it, but I'm not sure how
> their solution applies. How can I resolve this error?

Look for context in the logs. Search for both the hex and decimal values.

Once you have found some context do a web search for hits which contain
both the code and distinctive bits from the context.

FWIW...

<cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
E:\>set /a c = 0x277B
10107
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

A system call that should never fail has failed.

</cmd_output>

Does Vista show the same result for net helpmsg 10107 ?

You should also search Vista specific newsgroups in case others with your OS
have already discussed this symptom. Cross-posting to one now to give
you a link to them using your web interface to newsgroups.

> Thanks,

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Maurice

Re: Windows Update Error 8007277B
I have the same problem and have been unable to find a solution. I've had
that message for weeks now. I also use Vista Home Premium. Any help will be
much appreciated.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Magnificent Man" <MagnificentMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm running Vista Home Premium. After checking for updates, I receive error
> > 8007277B. I have read what 'help' has to say about it, but I'm not sure how
> > their solution applies. How can I resolve this error?

> Look for context in the logs. Search for both the hex and decimal values.
>
> Once you have found some context do a web search for hits which contain
> both the code and distinctive bits from the context.
>

> FWIW...
>
> <cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
> E:\>set /a c = 0x277B
> 10107
> E:\>net helpmsg %c%
>
> A system call that should never fail has failed.
>
> </cmd_output>
>

> Does Vista show the same result for net helpmsg 10107 ?
>

> You should also search Vista specific newsgroups in case others with your OS
> have already discussed this symptom. Cross-posting to one now to give
> you a link to them using your web interface to newsgroups.
>

> > Thanks,

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Magnificent Man

Re: Windows Update Error 8007277B
That didn't seem to work. Are there any other options I could try? Thanks
for your help.
--
Magnificent Man