Vista Home Premium - Program window boxes disappearing

daniel underhill

Vista Home Premium - Program window boxes disappearing
Sometimes when i open programs which don t use full screen they disappear to
the top left hand corner of the screen and i can t retrieve them. The only
way i ve found to get them back is to go full screen. But on things like the
calculator i can t go full screen so i can t use it. Please help.
--
dan underhill
Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Home Premium - Program window boxes disappearing
Right click on the Taskbar icon for the program, click Move and use the keyboard
arrow keys to move the window.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"daniel underhill" <danielunderhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes when i open programs which don t use full screen they disappear to
> the top left hand corner of the screen and i can t retrieve them. The only
> way i ve found to get them back is to go full screen. But on things like the
> calculator i can t go full screen so i can t use it. Please help.
> --
> dan underhill

daniel underhill

Re: Vista Home Premium - Program window boxes disappearing
thanks for your reply.

problem is i cant move it because it goes off the screen. Any other
suggestions would be welcomed mate.

dan
--
dan underhill

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Right click on the Taskbar icon for the program, click Move and use the keyboard
> arrow keys to move the window.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "daniel underhill" <danielunderhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sometimes when i open programs which don t use full screen they disappear to
> > the top left hand corner of the screen and i can t retrieve them. The only
> > way i ve found to get them back is to go full screen. But on things like the
> > calculator i can t go full screen so i can t use it. Please help.
> > --
> > dan underhill

Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Home Premium - Program window boxes disappearing
You mean you can't right click on the program's ICON (the button with the
program's name on it) on the Windows Taskbar (that black line across the bottom
of your screen), select Move (make sure the Restore option at the top of the box
IS grayed out), and then use the keyboard's ARROW KEYS to move the program's
window. You do not have to click on anything on the program's window. When you
are finished moving, click the mouse to release it.

> thanks for your reply.
>
> problem is i cant move it because it goes off the screen. Any other
> suggestions would be welcomed mate.
>
> dan
> --
> dan underhill
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the Taskbar icon for the program, click Move and use the
>> keyboard
>> arrow keys to move the window.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "daniel underhill" <danielunderhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Sometimes when i open programs which don t use full screen they disappear
>> > the top left hand corner of the screen and i can t retrieve them. The only
>> > way i ve found to get them back is to go full screen. But on things like
>> > the
>> > calculator i can t go full screen so i can t use it. Please help.
>> > --
>> > dan underhill

daniel underhill

Re: Vista Home Premium - Program window boxes disappearing
no mate i can do that. My problem is the window disappears off up to the left
even when i right click and choose move i can t see / find the program window.

cheers
--
dan underhill

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> You mean you can't right click on the program's ICON (the button with the
> program's name on it) on the Windows Taskbar (that black line across the bottom
> of your screen), select Move (make sure the Restore option at the top of the box
> IS grayed out), and then use the keyboard's ARROW KEYS to move the program's
> window. You do not have to click on anything on the program's window. When you
> are finished moving, click the mouse to release it.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "daniel underhill" <danielunderhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks for your reply.
> >
> > problem is i cant move it because it goes off the screen. Any other
> > suggestions would be welcomed mate.
> >
> > dan
> > --
> > dan underhill
> >

> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> Right click on the Taskbar icon for the program, click Move and use the
> >> keyboard
> >> arrow keys to move the window.
> >>

> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!
> >>

> >> "daniel underhill" <danielunderhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Home Premium - Program window boxes disappearing
Maybe you could temporarily set your screen resolution as high as it will
possibly go to see if you can find it. And just keep pressing those arrow keys.

> no mate i can do that. My problem is the window disappears off up to the left
> even when i right click and choose move i can t see / find the program window.
>
> cheers
> --
> dan underhill
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> You mean you can't right click on the program's ICON (the button with the
>> program's name on it) on the Windows Taskbar (that black line across the
>> bottom
>> of your screen), select Move (make sure the Restore option at the top of the
>> box
>> IS grayed out), and then use the keyboard's ARROW KEYS to move the program's
>> window. You do not have to click on anything on the program's window. When
>> you
>> are finished moving, click the mouse to release it.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "daniel underhill" <danielunderhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > thanks for your reply.
>> >
>> > problem is i cant move it because it goes off the screen. Any other
>> > suggestions would be welcomed mate.
>> >
>> > dan
>> > --
>> > dan underhill

daniel underhill

Re: Vista Home Premium - Program window boxes disappearing
Tried that mate still cant move the window.???????
--
dan underhill