boot up problem with vista desktop

tim

boot up problem with vista desktop
Hi i have a small problem booting up, my computer will freeze at the start up
screen, then if i shut it down and restart it boots up normal, i contacted
acer about it and there tech could not find the problem, i tried to do a
reinstalation, and also checked the bios setting for the boot config, and the
hard drive is the first on the menu. it happens more often now, do you think
this is a minor bug that will be fixed with vista sp1 patch? thanks Tim
Rick Rogers

Re: boot up problem with vista desktop
Hi,

Contact Acer again. You have a component that is failing and it needs to be
replaced. This is a typical symptom of a hairline crack in the board or
solder, or a bad capacitor. When power is applied for a brief time, it warms
up, expands, and acts normally. When cold, it doesn't function right. It
won't get better and it's not a software issue.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi i have a small problem booting up, my computer will freeze at the start
> up
> screen, then if i shut it down and restart it boots up normal, i contacted
> acer about it and there tech could not find the problem, i tried to do a
> reinstalation, and also checked the bios setting for the boot config, and
> the
> hard drive is the first on the menu. it happens more often now, do you
> think
> this is a minor bug that will be fixed with vista sp1 patch? thanks Tim

tim

Re: boot up problem with vista desktop
Hi rick thanks for your help i shipped my computer back to acer for a new
motherboard, i am glad that it is under warranty,have a bellhaven or a
octoberfest on me Tim Claflin

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Contact Acer again. You have a component that is failing and it needs to be
> replaced. This is a typical symptom of a hairline crack in the board or
> solder, or a bad capacitor. When power is applied for a brief time, it warms
> up, expands, and acts normally. When cold, it doesn't function right. It
> won't get better and it's not a software issue.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi i have a small problem booting up, my computer will freeze at the start
> > up
> > screen, then if i shut it down and restart it boots up normal, i contacted
> > acer about it and there tech could not find the problem, i tried to do a
> > reinstalation, and also checked the bios setting for the boot config, and
> > the
> > hard drive is the first on the menu. it happens more often now, do you
> > think
> > this is a minor bug that will be fixed with vista sp1 patch? thanks Tim

Rick Rogers

Re: boot up problem with vista desktop
http://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/5...eal_stout.html

Glad to hear they are fixing it.

--

> Hi rick thanks for your help i shipped my computer back to acer for a new
> motherboard, i am glad that it is under warranty,have a bellhaven or a
> octoberfest on me Tim Claflin
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Contact Acer again. You have a component that is failing and it needs to
>> be
>> replaced. This is a typical symptom of a hairline crack in the board or
>> solder, or a bad capacitor. When power is applied for a brief time, it
>> warms
>> up, expands, and acts normally. When cold, it doesn't function right. It
>> won't get better and it's not a software issue.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi i have a small problem booting up, my computer will freeze at the
>> > start
>> > up
>> > screen, then if i shut it down and restart it boots up normal, i
>> > contacted
>> > acer about it and there tech could not find the problem, i tried to do
>> > reinstalation, and also checked the bios setting for the boot config,
>> > and
>> > the
>> > hard drive is the first on the menu. it happens more often now, do you
>> > think
>> > this is a minor bug that will be fixed with vista sp1 patch? thanks Tim

Dragor

tim;482639 Wrote:
> i shipped my computer back to acer for a new
> motherboard, i am glad that it is under warranty

Nice timing for a hardware failure! Btw, when u get it back, be sure to
double check whether you have repaired ur mobo or they gave you a new
one.

If the problem persists u can then demand a new mobo! Also, if they
give u a new mobo, be sure to ask them to give u updated drivers if any
if the old and new mobos differ.

--
Dragor

My rig: Intel Core2Duo E6300 @1.86GHz, 1.5GB DDR2SDRAM 667MHz, nVidia
GeForce 6600 256MB PCI-E, ASUS P5LD2VM-SE [Intel 945 Chipset] mobo, 400
W PSU.