Windows Home Premium freezes constantly

Almerindo

Windows Home Premium freezes constantly
My system is comsed by a motherboard Intel D101GGC and a Intel Pentium D-925
Processor and 1,5 GB Memory. The motherboard has video lan and sound onboard
so free of hardware conflicts. The Windows version is the Home Premium
edition. The power source is a 24 pin real 480W one.
The system freezes since I was installing it and it remains happening many
times a day. I was being upgrading the system and all most recent drivers are
installed but it continues.
Is there anyone that can help me?
Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Home Premium freezes constantly
Hi,

Check the ram. Type into the search prompt "memory diagnostic" and run the
utility that appears in the menu.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Almerindo" <Almerindo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My system is comsed by a motherboard Intel D101GGC and a Intel Pentium
> D-925
> Processor and 1,5 GB Memory. The motherboard has video lan and sound
> onboard
> so free of hardware conflicts. The Windows version is the Home Premium
> edition. The power source is a 24 pin real 480W one.
> The system freezes since I was installing it and it remains happening many
> times a day. I was being upgrading the system and all most recent drivers
> are
> installed but it continues.
> Is there anyone that can help me?

TheTechSupportGeek

RE: Windows Home Premium freezes constantly
Unfortunately (no offense intended to anybody), but a good 65% (if not more)
of PCs are simply NOT Vista ready, no matter how fast or advanced they can
be. If they are pre-installed with Windows XP, you're basically out of luck.
The only computers that actually are good with Vista are those that have
Vista pre-installed because the hardware built-in to them is powerful enough
to handle Vista. And even then, the computer just isn't good enough.

"Almerindo" wrote:

> My system is comsed by a motherboard Intel D101GGC and a Intel Pentium D-925
> Processor and 1,5 GB Memory. The motherboard has video lan and sound onboard
> so free of hardware conflicts. The Windows version is the Home Premium
> edition. The power source is a 24 pin real 480W one.
> The system freezes since I was installing it and it remains happening many
> times a day. I was being upgrading the system and all most recent drivers are
> installed but it continues.
> Is there anyone that can help me?

Almerindo

Re: Windows Home Premium freezes constantly
Hello, I just tested the memory using the Memory Diagnostic Tool and no
problems was detected (on either regular and extended tests). And when I was
entering the Windows after rebooting it crashed again while loading my user
details (it keeps frozen for about 5 min) and continue freezing siccessively.

Someone have more tips to me? Is there more tests to perform?

Thanks,

Almerindo

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Check the ram. Type into the search prompt "memory diagnostic" and run the
> utility that appears in the menu.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Almerindo" <Almerindo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My system is comsed by a motherboard Intel D101GGC and a Intel Pentium
> > D-925
> > Processor and 1,5 GB Memory. The motherboard has video lan and sound
> > onboard
> > so free of hardware conflicts. The Windows version is the Home Premium
> > edition. The power source is a 24 pin real 480W one.
> > The system freezes since I was installing it and it remains happening many
> > times a day. I was being upgrading the system and all most recent drivers
> > are
> > installed but it continues.
> > Is there anyone that can help me?

Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Home Premium freezes constantly
Hi,

Run msconfig and put it in diagnostic mode. Do the problems still occur? If
no, then it's a software issue that can be resolved by isolating whatever is
it has been doing this since inception) and troubleshooting involves
replacing components with known-good pieces.

--

> Hello, I just tested the memory using the Memory Diagnostic Tool and no
> problems was detected (on either regular and extended tests). And when I
> was
> entering the Windows after rebooting it crashed again while loading my
> user
> details (it keeps frozen for about 5 min) and continue freezing
> siccessively.
>
> Someone have more tips to me? Is there more tests to perform?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Almerindo
>

> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Check the ram. Type into the search prompt "memory diagnostic" and run
>> the
>> utility that appears in the menu.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Almerindo" <Almerindo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My system is comsed by a motherboard Intel D101GGC and a Intel Pentium
>> > D-925
>> > Processor and 1,5 GB Memory. The motherboard has video lan and sound
>> > onboard
>> > so free of hardware conflicts. The Windows version is the Home Premium
>> > edition. The power source is a 24 pin real 480W one.
>> > The system freezes since I was installing it and it remains happening
>> > many
>> > times a day. I was being upgrading the system and all most recent
>> > drivers
>> > are
>> > installed but it continues.
>> > Is there anyone that can help me?

Randor

Re: Windows Home Premium freezes constantly
Hi!

Try these reliability/stability/performance updates that do not install
automatically with Windows updates :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/kb938979
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/kb938194
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/kb941600