rs-starting from sleep mode?

Robert

rs-starting from sleep mode?
Whenever I walk away from my Vista Home Premium laptop (plugged in) for more
than 5 minutes it requires me to click on my administrator icon to regain
access. Then the screen blinks (several times) black and white pixels of,
for instance, an excel spreadsheet and finally settles down (3-5 seconds) and
all is well. This is not a seamless awakening of the computer. Is there a
problem with this brand new Lenovo laptop?

Second, how can I disable the requirement of signing on everytime I walk
away from the computer for more than a few minutes? I don't want the
shutdown nor do I want the "security" of signing in as administrator.
Dave

Re: rs-starting from sleep mode?
Take a look at your power options.
Start - Control Panel - Power Options

You may have to adjust your power plan for whenever your laptop is plugged
in.

"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I walk away from my Vista Home Premium laptop (plugged in) for
> more
> than 5 minutes it requires me to click on my administrator icon to regain
> access. Then the screen blinks (several times) black and white pixels of,
> for instance, an excel spreadsheet and finally settles down (3-5 seconds)
> and
> all is well. This is not a seamless awakening of the computer. Is there
> problem with this brand new Lenovo laptop?
>
> Second, how can I disable the requirement of signing on everytime I walk
> away from the computer for more than a few minutes? I don't want the
> shutdown nor do I want the "security" of signing in as administrator.

Klinden

RE: rs-starting from sleep mode?
I have the exact same problem with my computer. I was given a free upgrade
to vista with my HP and ever since I installed it, it has been trouble. They
told me that I needed my BIOS updated, so I took it to get that done and I
still have the prolem. I am trying to uninstall the program, but can't
figure out how to.

Kim

"Robert" wrote:

> Whenever I walk away from my Vista Home Premium laptop (plugged in) for more
> than 5 minutes it requires me to click on my administrator icon to regain
> access. Then the screen blinks (several times) black and white pixels of,
> for instance, an excel spreadsheet and finally settles down (3-5 seconds) and
> all is well. This is not a seamless awakening of the computer. Is there a
> problem with this brand new Lenovo laptop?
>
> Second, how can I disable the requirement of signing on everytime I walk
> away from the computer for more than a few minutes? I don't want the
> shutdown nor do I want the "security" of signing in as administrator.

Kevin Weaver

Re: rs-starting from sleep mode?
Look in your screen saver tab. Uncheck the box that tells of password.
(Resume password is needed)