Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

no sound!!!!! help

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2007
Isa
 

Posts: n/a
no sound!!!!! help
my sound was working until a couple days ago it just stop working can someone
help please????/
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2007
Cheeseboat
 

Posts: n/a
RE: no sound!!!!! help


"Isa" wrote:

> my sound was working until a couple days ago it just stop working can someone
> help please????/


The same thing is happening to me. I am really not liking vista. I don't
care if it is new, before you put something out, make sure all the major
"features" are taken care of.

Please, Nothing will work and my computer far exceeds the requirements
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2007
TheTechSupportGeek
 

Posts: n/a
RE: no sound!!!!! help
Have either of you installed any new hardware or driver updates recently?
Many Vista-incompatible drivers can cause some hardware to not work. I
recently installed a USB-driver that was incompatible and my USB-Mouse
stopped working.

What did I do? I used "System Restore". Whenever hardware, drivers, or
updates from Windows Update is installed, it creates what is called a
"Restore Point". This being a point in System Restore that your computer can
revert to before the drivers that may have caused the problem were installed.
This will require you to restart your computer, however it is worth a try.

If such a case is true, then all you need to know is when such
hardware/drivers were installed. If this is not the case, then maybe your
sound drivers are incompatible with Vista. Try getting an upgrade from your
sound card's manufacturer.

"Cheeseboat" wrote:

>
>
> "Isa" wrote:
>
> > my sound was working until a couple days ago it just stop working can someone
> > help please????/

>
> The same thing is happening to me. I am really not liking vista. I don't
> care if it is new, before you put something out, make sure all the major
> "features" are taken care of.
>
> Please, Nothing will work and my computer far exceeds the requirements

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2007
EupherEagle
 

Posts: n/a
RE: no sound!!!!! help
I have run into the same problem. I have checked the sound card and it is
working and the driver is up to date. When I do a check of the speakers, the
tests work just fine. When I run iTunes, I can see that there is a signal,
but no sound coming out of the speakers.

This started about a week ago and I have not added any new devices or
drivers. Very frustrating!

HP a6130n
2.6 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Processor
3MB RAM
Realtek High Definition Audio Card (Driver version 6.0.1.5502)

"TheTechSupportGeek" wrote:

> Have either of you installed any new hardware or driver updates recently?
> Many Vista-incompatible drivers can cause some hardware to not work. I
> recently installed a USB-driver that was incompatible and my USB-Mouse
> stopped working.
>
> What did I do? I used "System Restore". Whenever hardware, drivers, or
> updates from Windows Update is installed, it creates what is called a
> "Restore Point". This being a point in System Restore that your computer can
> revert to before the drivers that may have caused the problem were installed.
> This will require you to restart your computer, however it is worth a try.
>
> If such a case is true, then all you need to know is when such
> hardware/drivers were installed. If this is not the case, then maybe your
> sound drivers are incompatible with Vista. Try getting an upgrade from your
> sound card's manufacturer.
>
> "Cheeseboat" wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > "Isa" wrote:
> >
> > > my sound was working until a couple days ago it just stop working can someone
> > > help please????/

> >
> > The same thing is happening to me. I am really not liking vista. I don't
> > care if it is new, before you put something out, make sure all the major
> > "features" are taken care of.
> >
> > Please, Nothing will work and my computer far exceeds the requirements

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Setting per Application Sound Output, or Per Sound Type Outputs... Michichael microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 09-24-2007 07:40
No sound from any application, but sound from WM11 music player. spaz microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 09-08-2007 17:38
How to record sound clips or music using the sound recorder? GT microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 06-30-2007 03:33
Low sound from speakers and no windows sound on new vista =?Utf-8?B?S2FyZW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 03-24-2007 13:56
turns 5.1 sound into 2-speaker sound only A microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 03-01-2007 09:02




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:21.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120