Taskbar freezes in Vista, only solution is to manually restart exp

Meir

Taskbar freezes in Vista, only solution is to manually restart exp
I have Vista Premuim, on a Dell Desktop intel core 2 duo 2gigs ram

Recently the taskbar freezes, can only switch windows with alt tab, special
keyboard functions dont work.

The only solution is that sometimes if i right click the taskbar, a pop
shows up asking me that Windows Explorer is not working, and that i can ask
to restart it or close it. If i click Restart Windows Explorer, it takes a
few seconds and it fixes it.

I am going crazy here, and i dont want to just reinstall vista, and have
this come up again. are other people having this problem?

Please Please help ,e
Cal Bear '66

Re: Taskbar freezes in Vista, only solution is to manually restart exp
Any clue in Control Panel (Classic view) > Problem Reports and Solutions?

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Meir" <Meir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Premuim, on a Dell Desktop intel core 2 duo 2gigs ram
>
> Recently the taskbar freezes, can only switch windows with alt tab, special
> keyboard functions dont work.
>
> The only solution is that sometimes if i right click the taskbar, a pop
> shows up asking me that Windows Explorer is not working, and that i can ask
> to restart it or close it. If i click Restart Windows Explorer, it takes a
> few seconds and it fixes it.
>
> I am going crazy here, and i dont want to just reinstall vista, and have
> this come up again. are other people having this problem?
>
> Please Please help ,e

David

Re: Taskbar freezes in Vista, only solution is to manually restartexp

> I am going crazy here, and i dont want to just reinstall vista, and have
> this come up again. are other people having this problem?
>
> Please Please help ,e

Nope; my take on Vista is that it is coded in such a way as to present a
separate set of problems for each PC that it is installed upon. I've
got my share of problems too, but don't share your problem. sorry!

Dave
Nick Simpson

Re: Taskbar freezes in Vista, only solution is to manually restart exp
YES! I've finally found someone that is having a similar issue as me. Mine
tends to unfreeze as soon as I disconnect my network connection (we use
offline files for our redirected start menu folder).

Any time I get the dreaded 'not responding' box, I might as well restart
because the computer isn't the same afterwards. I've tried updating all my
drivers, software, and Bios to make sure everything is current. I've even
run PC Doctor and tested all of the components from a bootable CD so I know
its not malfunctioning hardware.

NS

"Meir" <Meir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Premuim, on a Dell Desktop intel core 2 duo 2gigs ram
>
> Recently the taskbar freezes, can only switch windows with alt tab,
> special
> keyboard functions dont work.
>
> The only solution is that sometimes if i right click the taskbar, a pop
> shows up asking me that Windows Explorer is not working, and that i can
> ask
> to restart it or close it. If i click Restart Windows Explorer, it takes a
> few seconds and it fixes it.
>
> I am going crazy here, and i dont want to just reinstall vista, and have
> this come up again. are other people having this problem?
>
> Please Please help ,e

Miotch

RE: Taskbar freezes in Vista, only solution is to manually restart exp
I'm having the exact same problem as you mate.
Same system as well, Dell Inspiron, Core Duo and 2GB RAM.
It always just happens at random times and I always end up having to close
and reopen explorer through the Task Manager.
Unfortunately though I've no idea what's causing it or how to fix it either.
But ur not alone with this.

Thought I'd just bump the thread in hopes for someone with a solution.

Mitch
---