page fault in nonpaged area

Sugar

page fault in nonpaged area
My first computer ever! e-machine with Vista Premium Home; I get this big
blue screen with
STOPxooooo5o(oxf5eo718,oxooooooo1,ox81d4f0b5,oxo oooooo2)and
Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ; and something about disable bios memory
options such as caching or shadowing. It usually takes about 2-3 hours of
surfin or workin and then BLAM! Help Pleze.
Rick Rogers

Re: page fault in nonpaged area
Hi,

The error is a driver issue, but the fact that the system runs for a while
before this occurs is unusual. It may be a faulty component that is
overheating and not responding properly at that point.

Is a module listed as being involved? Does it mention anything about
creating a dump file?

Disabling rom shadowing may help. To do this you need to access the system
BIOS at startup, before Vista begins to load, and check the advanced
options.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sugar" <Sugar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news93D553F-E85D-4EE0-B6D4-CD67B3614AB5@microsoft.com...
> My first computer ever! e-machine with Vista Premium Home; I get this big
> blue screen with
> STOPxooooo5o(oxf5eo718,oxooooooo1,ox81d4f0b5,oxo oooooo2)and
> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ; and something about disable bios memory
> options such as caching or shadowing. It usually takes about 2-3 hours of
> surfin or workin and then BLAM! Help Pleze.

Sugar

Re: page fault in nonpaged area
New computer;New future nerd. Yes a memory dump 100 shows up ; I have no
ideal what disabling rom shadowing is; I do not know how to access the system
bios at start-up ; I do not know how to check the advance options. is there
any hope ?

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The error is a driver issue, but the fact that the system runs for a while
> before this occurs is unusual. It may be a faulty component that is
> overheating and not responding properly at that point.
>
> Is a module listed as being involved? Does it mention anything about
> creating a dump file?
>
> Disabling rom shadowing may help. To do this you need to access the system
> BIOS at startup, before Vista begins to load, and check the advanced
> options.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Sugar" <Sugar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news93D553F-E85D-4EE0-B6D4-CD67B3614AB5@microsoft.com...
> > My first computer ever! e-machine with Vista Premium Home; I get this big
> > blue screen with
> > STOPxooooo5o(oxf5eo718,oxooooooo1,ox81d4f0b5,oxo oooooo2)and
> > Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ; and something about disable bios memory
> > options such as caching or shadowing. It usually takes about 2-3 hours of
> > surfin or workin and then BLAM! Help Pleze.

Rick Rogers

Re: page fault in nonpaged area
Hi,

There's always hope. Look under C:\Windows\minidump for the most recently
created file. Send it to me at rick@mvps.org using a subject line of 'per
req' (if you don't use this subject line, I'll never see it).

Accessing the system BIOS is done by hitting the appropriate keys during the
initial power on. This is usually evidenced by a screen message that says
something like "hit F2 to enter setup". This page has a nice overview on a
number of different systems and how to access this:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Once in the BIOS, depending on how it is configured, you will generally find
rom shadowing under the more advanced options relating to the video and
processor.

--

> New computer;New future nerd. Yes a memory dump 100 shows up ; I have no
> ideal what disabling rom shadowing is; I do not know how to access the
> system
> bios at start-up ; I do not know how to check the advance options. is
> there
> any hope ?
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The error is a driver issue, but the fact that the system runs for a
>> while
>> before this occurs is unusual. It may be a faulty component that is
>> overheating and not responding properly at that point.
>>
>> Is a module listed as being involved? Does it mention anything about
>> creating a dump file?
>>
>> Disabling rom shadowing may help. To do this you need to access the
>> system
>> BIOS at startup, before Vista begins to load, and check the advanced
>> options.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Sugar" <Sugar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news93D553F-E85D-4EE0-B6D4-CD67B3614AB5@microsoft.com...
>> > My first computer ever! e-machine with Vista Premium Home; I get this
>> > big
>> > blue screen with
>> > STOPxooooo5o(oxf5eo718,oxooooooo1,ox81d4f0b5,oxo oooooo2)and
>> > Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ; and something about disable bios memory
>> > options such as caching or shadowing. It usually takes about 2-3 hours
>> > of
>> > surfin or workin and then BLAM! Help Pleze.

Sugar

Re: page fault in nonpaged area
I have no ideal what look under C:/ windows/minidump means! But when this
computer blue screens I go to Problem Reporting in my control panel and it
shows Windows Modules Inst...WINDOWS-WCP-OTHER-FAILU... AND WHEN i VIEW THE
PROBLEM IT SAYS Windows Module Installer Os version:6.0.6000
File:Base/xml/udom_microdom.cpp Function:RTlcreatemicrodon
Line:4493 Status:c000a083 OSVersion:6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Local
ID:1033 Files that help describe the problem poqexec.log
Cbs.log Memory.hdmp Minidump.mdmp I hope this is what you need
because most of the last reply I didnot and do not know what you are asking
for. Sugar

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There's always hope. Look under C:\Windows\minidump for the most recently
> created file. Send it to me at rick@mvps.org using a subject line of 'per
> req' (if you don't use this subject line, I'll never see it).
>
> Accessing the system BIOS is done by hitting the appropriate keys during the
> initial power on. This is usually evidenced by a screen message that says
> something like "hit F2 to enter setup". This page has a nice overview on a
> number of different systems and how to access this:
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm
>
> Once in the BIOS, depending on how it is configured, you will generally find
> rom shadowing under the more advanced options relating to the video and
> processor.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Sugar" <Sugar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > New computer;New future nerd. Yes a memory dump 100 shows up ; I have no
> > ideal what disabling rom shadowing is; I do not know how to access the
> > system
> > bios at start-up ; I do not know how to check the advance options. is
> > there
> > any hope ?
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> The error is a driver issue, but the fact that the system runs for a
> >> while
> >> before this occurs is unusual. It may be a faulty component that is
> >> overheating and not responding properly at that point.
> >>
> >> Is a module listed as being involved? Does it mention anything about
> >> creating a dump file?
> >>
> >> Disabling rom shadowing may help. To do this you need to access the
> >> system
> >> BIOS at startup, before Vista begins to load, and check the advanced
> >> options.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >>
> >> "Sugar" <Sugar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news93D553F-E85D-4EE0-B6D4-CD67B3614AB5@microsoft.com...

Rick Rogers

Re: page fault in nonpaged area
Hi Sugar,

Click start, type "Windows Explorer". Right click the entry that appears in
the start menu and select 'run as administrator'. Click continue at the UAC
prompt. Click in the address bar of Windows Explorer, then type
"C:\Windows\minidump" and hit <enter>. You should see a collection of files
that start with "minixxxxxx-xx" where the x's are the creation date of the
file. I need you to send the one that is dated most recently (just right
click it and use 'send to/email').

If you cannot see the files I am referring to, click start and type 'control
folders' and hit <enter>. On the second (view) tab there are a number of
options to check and uncheck. Click the line to "show hidden files and
folders", and uncheck the box that hides operating system files. Then go
back and repeat the steps above.

--

>I have no ideal what look under C:/ windows/minidump means! But when this
> computer blue screens I go to Problem Reporting in my control panel and it
> shows Windows Modules Inst...WINDOWS-WCP-OTHER-FAILU... AND WHEN i VIEW
> THE
> PROBLEM IT SAYS Windows Module Installer Os version:6.0.6000
> File:Base/xml/udom_microdom.cpp Function:RTlcreatemicrodon
> Line:4493 Status:c000a083 OSVersion:6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Local
> ID:1033 Files that help describe the problem poqexec.log
> Cbs.log Memory.hdmp Minidump.mdmp I hope this is what you need
> because most of the last reply I didnot and do not know what you are
> asking
> for. Sugar
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There's always hope. Look under C:\Windows\minidump for the most recently
>> created file. Send it to me at rick@mvps.org using a subject line of 'per
>> req' (if you don't use this subject line, I'll never see it).
>>
>> Accessing the system BIOS is done by hitting the appropriate keys during
>> the
>> initial power on. This is usually evidenced by a screen message that says
>> something like "hit F2 to enter setup". This page has a nice overview on
>> number of different systems and how to access this:
>> http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm
>>
>> Once in the BIOS, depending on how it is configured, you will generally
>> find
>> rom shadowing under the more advanced options relating to the video and
>> processor.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Sugar" <Sugar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > New computer;New future nerd. Yes a memory dump 100 shows up ; I have
>> > no
>> > ideal what disabling rom shadowing is; I do not know how to access the
>> > system
>> > bios at start-up ; I do not know how to check the advance options. is
>> > there
>> > any hope ?

radakaiman

Re: page fault in nonpaged area
I'm getting the same type of error...

page fault in nonpaged area
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: F524D880
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 81CE7527
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

I don't have an option to disable rom shadowing in my bios?
Any thoughts , possible a program i have installed?
"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> [...]
> > for. Sugar
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> There's always hope. Look under C:\Windows\minidump for the most recently
> >> created file. Send it to me at rick@mvps.org using a subject line of 'per
> >> req' (if you don't use this subject line, I'll never see it).
> >>
> >> Accessing the system BIOS is done by hitting the appropriate keys during
> >> the
> >> initial power on. This is usually evidenced by a screen message that says
> >> something like "hit F2 to enter setup". This page has a nice overview on
> >> number of different systems and how to access this:
> >> http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm
> >>
> >> Once in the BIOS, depending on how it is configured, you will generally
> >> find
> >> rom shadowing under the more advanced options relating to the video and

Not all BIOS' will have the option, it's dependent on manufacturer. OEMs in
particular modify the instruction set to limit alteration by the end user.
The error, as stated with the originator of this thread, is a driver issue.
Check the event viewer to see if a module is listed as being involved.

--

"radakaiman" <radakaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm getting the same type of error...
>
> page fault in nonpaged area
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional information about the problem:
> BCCode: 50
> BCP1: F524D880
> BCP2: 00000000
> BCP3: 81CE7527
> BCP4: 00000002
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
>
> I don't have an option to disable rom shadowing in my bios?
> Any thoughts , possible a program i have installed?
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Sugar,
>>
>> Click start, type "Windows Explorer". Right click the entry that appears
>> in
>> the start menu and select 'run as administrator'. Click continue at the
>> UAC
>> prompt. Click in the address bar of Windows Explorer, then type
>> "C:\Windows\minidump" and hit <enter>. You should see a collection of
>> files
>> that start with "minixxxxxx-xx" where the x's are the creation date of
>> the
>> file. I need you to send the one that is dated most recently (just right
>> click it and use 'send to/email').
>>
>> If you cannot see the files I am referring to, click start and type
>> 'control
>> folders' and hit <enter>. On the second (view) tab there are a number of
>> options to check and uncheck. Click the line to "show hidden files and
>> folders", and uncheck the box that hides operating system files. Then go
>> back and repeat the steps above.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Sugar" <Sugar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have no ideal what look under C:/ windows/minidump means! But when
>> >this
>> > computer blue screens I go to Problem Reporting in my control panel and
>> > it
>> > shows Windows Modules Inst...WINDOWS-WCP-OTHER-FAILU... AND WHEN i VIEW
>> > THE
>> > PROBLEM IT SAYS Windows Module Installer Os version:6.0.6000
>> > File:Base/xml/udom_microdom.cpp Function:RTlcreatemicrodon
>> > Line:4493 Status:c000a083 OSVersion:6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
>> > Local
>> > ID:1033 Files that help describe the problem poqexec.log
>> > Cbs.log Memory.hdmp Minidump.mdmp I hope this is what you
>> > need
>> > because most of the last reply I didnot and do not know what you are
>> > asking
>> > for. Sugar

Sugar

Re: page fault in nonpaged area
I stopped my anti-virus,phishing filter,spam filter, and almost everything
else connected in that area and still to no avial-Blue Screen after a hour or
two.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Not all BIOS' will have the option, it's dependent on manufacturer. OEMs in
> particular modify the instruction set to limit alteration by the end user.
> The error, as stated with the originator of this thread, is a driver issue.
> Check the event viewer to see if a module is listed as being involved.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "radakaiman" <radakaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm getting the same type of error...
> >
> > page fault in nonpaged area
> > Problem signature:
> > Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 1033
> > Additional information about the problem:
> > BCCode: 50
> > BCP1: F524D880
> > BCP2: 00000000
> > BCP3: 81CE7527
> > BCP4: 00000002
> > OS Version: 6_0_6000
> > Service Pack: 0_0
> > Product: 768_1
> >
> > I don't have an option to disable rom shadowing in my bios?
> > Any thoughts , possible a program i have installed?
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Sugar,
> >>
> >> Click start, type "Windows Explorer". Right click the entry that appears
> >> in
> >> the start menu and select 'run as administrator'. Click continue at the
> >> UAC
> >> prompt. Click in the address bar of Windows Explorer, then type
> >> "C:\Windows\minidump" and hit <enter>. You should see a collection of
> >> files
> >> that start with "minixxxxxx-xx" where the x's are the creation date of
> >> the
> >> file. I need you to send the one that is dated most recently (just right
> >> click it and use 'send to/email').
> >>
> >> If you cannot see the files I am referring to, click start and type
> >> 'control
> >> folders' and hit <enter>. On the second (view) tab there are a number of
> >> options to check and uncheck. Click the line to "show hidden files and
> >> folders", and uncheck the box that hides operating system files. Then go
> >> back and repeat the steps above.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Rogers

Re: page fault in nonpaged area
Have you sent the minidump file yet? I've not seen it.