pc does not resume after hibernation - black screen

shinigamiboi

pc does not resume after hibernation - black screen
i put my pc into hibernation. Upon restarting the computer, the words
"resuming windows" appear, then a black screen comes up and thats all.

I am on a Windows Vista Home Premium.

why does my computer never resume upon hibernation ?
Rick Rogers

Re: pc does not resume after hibernation - black screen
Hi,

Probably because the video driver is not supporting that function properly.
Try reinstalling or updating yours to the most current release from the
manufacturer.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"shinigamiboi" <shinigamiboi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i put my pc into hibernation. Upon restarting the computer, the words
> "resuming windows" appear, then a black screen comes up and thats all.
>
> I am on a Windows Vista Home Premium.
>
> why does my computer never resume upon hibernation ?

shinigamiboi

Re: pc does not resume after hibernation - black screen
i figured out that every time the screen turns back .. i just have to turn
the monitor off and on again and the desktop shows.

thanks anyways

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Probably because the video driver is not supporting that function properly.
> Try reinstalling or updating yours to the most current release from the
> manufacturer.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "shinigamiboi" <shinigamiboi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i put my pc into hibernation. Upon restarting the computer, the words
> > "resuming windows" appear, then a black screen comes up and thats all.
> >
> > I am on a Windows Vista Home Premium.
> >
> > why does my computer never resume upon hibernation ?

Rick Rogers

Re: pc does not resume after hibernation - black screen
Hi,

You might check with the screen manufacturer for an updated monitor.inf file
to install.