Open Folders

AbdulahM

Open Folders
Hello there, just came across this and thought I would pose my question
here. I have a problem with vista, I have vista Ultimate and there is just
a little something that bugs me.

I liked it in XP that you could open another window when you click on a
folder, well in Vista I can not do this, I have gone into the settings and
changed it to do so, but it still does not can anyone give me any other
suggestions ? on how to solve this problem, I just hate that the windows
keep opening on top of each other, and if I want to close one they all
close.

Abdulah

Rob

Re: Open Folders

"AbdulahM" <AbdulahM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello there, just came across this and thought I would pose my question
> here. I have a problem with vista, I have vista Ultimate and there is
> just a little something that bugs me.
>
> I liked it in XP that you could open another window when you click on a
> folder, well in Vista I can not do this, I have gone into the settings and
> changed it to do so, but it still does not can anyone give me any other
> suggestions ? on how to solve this problem, I just hate that the windows
> keep opening on top of each other, and if I want to close one they all
> close.
>
> Abdulah

Yep you're right. Choose the option "open each folder in its own window"
only works if you right click on a folder and choose "open". If you just
double click on a folder it opens up in the same window. Looks like a bug.
I'm using Ultimate too (32bit)

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

cvp

Re: Open Folders
Rob wrote:

> "AbdulahM" <AbdulahM@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Hello there, just came across this and thought I would pose my
>> question here. I have a problem with vista, I have vista Ultimate and
>> there is just a little something that bugs me.
>>
>> I liked it in XP that you could open another window when you click on
>> a folder, well in Vista I can not do this, I have gone into the
>> settings and changed it to do so, but it still does not can anyone
>> give me any other suggestions ? on how to solve this problem, I just
>> hate that the windows keep opening on top of each other, and if I want
>> to close one they all close.
>>
>> Abdulah

> Yep you're right. Choose the option "open each folder in its own window"
> only works if you right click on a folder and choose "open". If you just
> double click on a folder it opens up in the same window. Looks like a
> bug. I'm using Ultimate too (32bit)
>
> Rob

Really? I have no problem with Opening each folder in its own window. I
do use the single click option.
Rob

Re: Open Folders

"cvp" <goaway@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Rob wrote:
>> Yep you're right. Choose the option "open each folder in its own window"
>> only works if you right click on a folder and choose "open". If you just
>> double click on a folder it opens up in the same window. Looks like a
>> bug. I'm using Ultimate too (32bit)
>>
>> Rob
>>

> Really? I have no problem with Opening each folder in its own window. I do
> use the single click option.

Have tried with both single and double click options but I cannot make
folders open in their own window by just clicking on them. I have to right
click the folder and choose "open". Is there a registry setting I can look
at to determine weather changes made to the view options are being recorded
in the registry?

Rob

Rob wrote:

> "cvp" <goaway@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Rob wrote:
>>> Yep you're right. Choose the option "open each folder in its own
>>> window" only works if you right click on a folder and choose "open".
>>> If you just double click on a folder it opens up in the same window.
>>> Looks like a bug. I'm using Ultimate too (32bit)
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>

>> Really? I have no problem with Opening each folder in its own window.
>> I do use the single click option.

> Have tried with both single and double click options but I cannot make
> folders open in their own window by just clicking on them. I have to
> right click the folder and choose "open". Is there a registry setting I
> can look at to determine weather changes made to the view options are
> being recorded in the registry?
>
> Rob

Sorry, Rob. You're doing the right thing, but I don't know why it isn't
working for you.
Evan

Re: Open Folders

"cvp" wrote:

> Rob wrote:
> >

> > "cvp" <goaway@nospam.com> wrote in message

> >> Really? I have no problem with Opening each folder in its own window.
> >> I do use the single click option.

> > Have tried with both single and double click options but I cannot make
> > folders open in their own window by just clicking on them. I have to
> > right click the folder and choose "open". Is there a registry setting I
> > can look at to determine weather changes made to the view options are
> > being recorded in the registry?
> >
> > Rob
> >

> Sorry, Rob. You're doing the right thing, but I don't know why it isn't
> working for you.

I am using Home Premium32 and I have the same trouble. When I first loaded
Vista and changed to opening folders in separate windows I found I could
double click and open in a separate window. Recently, with no change to
settings on my part, it no longer opens in a separate window to a double
click but will open in a separate window if I right click and select OPEN.
As you say probably a bug or does someone have another suggestion?
brink

Re: Open Folders

Evan;546617 Wrote:
> I am using Home Premium32 and I have the same trouble. When I first
> loaded
> Vista and changed to opening folders in separate windows I found I
> could
> double click and open in a separate window. Recently, with no change to
> settings on my part, it no longer opens in a separate window to a
> double
> click but will open in a separate window if I right click and select
> OPEN.
> As you say probably a bug or does someone have another suggestion?

Hi Evan and everyone else,

This tutorial will show you how to open a folder in it's own or
separate window in Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...wn-window.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Evan

Re: Open Folders

"brink" wrote:

> Evan;546617 Wrote:
> > I am using Home Premium32 and I have the same trouble. When I first
> > loaded
> > Vista and changed to opening folders in separate windows I found I
> > could
> > double click and open in a separate window. Recently, with no change to
> > settings on my part, it no longer opens in a separate window to a
> > double
> > click but will open in a separate window if I right click and select
> > OPEN.
> > As you say probably a bug or does someone have another suggestion?

> Hi Evan and everyone else,
>
> This tutorial will show you how to open a folder in it's own or
> separate window in Vista.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...wn-window.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")
> *Please post feedback to help others.*

Hi, Thanks I am now OK. I saw the reference
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...wn-window.html
earlier but was put off trying the link as I had Vista32 and thought it
referred to Vista64 only. Thanks again.