Where did my e-mail icon go?

Sandee

Where did my e-mail icon go?
OK, this is probably a very dumb question with a very easy answer but I'm
baffled. I'm running Windows Vista and I've only had the computer about a
month. I had my e-mail icon on the task bar so all I had to do was click it
and it brought up my e-mail. I guess this is the same as the Quick Launch
menu. Now I've lost my icon and there are two little arrows. If I click on
the arrows a little window pops up with Windows Mail as being an option. I
then have to click on it to bring up my e-mail. I like the other way better.
Why is my computer changing my options? Could it have anything to do with
the automatic Windows updates that get installed?
And while I'm at it, why when I come to this forum, do I have to put my
password in everytime even though "remember my e-mail address & password" are
clearly selected?
Once we get these little bugs worked out, maybe I can concentrate on why it
takes so long to start up my computer each day. I hardly have anything
installed except what came with the computer.
Thanks for your help. You guys are the best.
Sandee

RE: Where did my e-mail icon go?
I feel so dumb. I am sorry to waste your time with such elementary issues
but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get my e-mail icon back.
I have since found a help tab that explained how to resize the taskbar.
But I am still curious as to why when I open this site I have to enter my
password.

Sandee

"Sandee" wrote:

> OK, this is probably a very dumb question with a very easy answer but I'm
> baffled. I'm running Windows Vista and I've only had the computer about a
> month. I had my e-mail icon on the task bar so all I had to do was click it
> and it brought up my e-mail. I guess this is the same as the Quick Launch
> menu. Now I've lost my icon and there are two little arrows. If I click on
> the arrows a little window pops up with Windows Mail as being an option. I
> then have to click on it to bring up my e-mail. I like the other way better.
> Why is my computer changing my options? Could it have anything to do with
> the automatic Windows updates that get installed?
> And while I'm at it, why when I come to this forum, do I have to put my
> password in everytime even though "remember my e-mail address & password" are
> clearly selected?
> Once we get these little bugs worked out, maybe I can concentrate on why it
> takes so long to start up my computer each day. I hardly have anything
> installed except what came with the computer.
> Thanks for your help. You guys are the best.

cvp

Re: Where did my e-mail icon go?
Sandee wrote:
> OK, this is probably a very dumb question with a very easy answer but I'm
> baffled. I'm running Windows Vista and I've only had the computer about a
> month. I had my e-mail icon on the task bar so all I had to do was click it
> and it brought up my e-mail. I guess this is the same as the Quick Launch
> menu. Now I've lost my icon and there are two little arrows. If I click on
> the arrows a little window pops up with Windows Mail as being an option. I
> then have to click on it to bring up my e-mail. I like the other way better.
> Why is my computer changing my options? Could it have anything to do with
> the automatic Windows updates that get installed?
> And while I'm at it, why when I come to this forum, do I have to put my
> password in everytime even though "remember my e-mail address & password" are
> clearly selected?
> Once we get these little bugs worked out, maybe I can concentrate on why it
> takes so long to start up my computer each day. I hardly have anything
> installed except what came with the computer.
> Thanks for your help. You guys are the best.

You've obviously added something to the taskbar (or had it added for
you) and now there isn't room for everything in the space allocated.
Either:
remove one of the icons: MB2 on the icon, Click Delete
Or:
Widen the taskbar: MB2 on the Start Orb, Click Properties, Select
Taskbar Tab, Uncheck 'Lock the taskbar', Click on Apply, Click on the
right hand side double line of the taskbar (that just appeared) and drag
to the right until all icons appear, Check 'Lock the taskbar', click on
Apply, Click OK
oliveloper

RE: Where did my e-mail icon go?