Windows host process(Rundll32) has stopped working

Brent

Windows host process(Rundll32) has stopped working
This message keeps popping up. I have restarted my system and even tried a
system restore, which cannot succeed for some reason. I ran a scan with my
Norton virus protection and it came back clean. The message just keeps
popping up over and over again without me doing anything. How the heck can I
stop this?
Rick Rogers

Re: Windows host process(Rundll32) has stopped working
Hi,

Uninstall the Norton software, see if the problem goes away.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Brent" <Brent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news4A4B8D0-B71E-4150-8C52-3D800168C360@microsoft.com...
> This message keeps popping up. I have restarted my system and even tried
> system restore, which cannot succeed for some reason. I ran a scan with
> my
> Norton virus protection and it came back clean. The message just keeps
> popping up over and over again without me doing anything. How the heck
> can I
> stop this?

Brent

Re: Windows host process(Rundll32) has stopped working
OK, but would that be safe? If something is attacking my computer and I
uninstall my virus protection couldn't that make it worse?

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Uninstall the Norton software, see if the problem goes away.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Brent" <Brent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news4A4B8D0-B71E-4150-8C52-3D800168C360@microsoft.com...
> > This message keeps popping up. I have restarted my system and even tried
> > system restore, which cannot succeed for some reason. I ran a scan with
> > my
> > Norton virus protection and it came back clean. The message just keeps
> > popping up over and over again without me doing anything. How the heck
> > can I
> > stop this?

Rick Rogers

Re: Windows host process(Rundll32) has stopped working
Hi,

You can use a different program, like AVG from free.grisoft.com or NOD32 if
you like. I'm betting that your problems are eminating from the Symantec
software.