Flashing led light

spangles

Flashing led light
If I leave my computer on sleep is it ok to have the blue led light flashing
all night?It's just that it seems to be flashing fast.

DevilsPGD

Re: Flashing led light
In message <2A669484-6D8F-4DA1-AE1B-12716DFD6667@microsoft.com> spangles
<spangles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If I leave my computer on sleep is it ok to have the blue led light flashing
>all night?It's just that it seems to be flashing fast.

Yes. That light indicates the computer is sleeping, rather then off.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
John Barnett MVP

Re: Flashing led light
Yes it is normal. Personally I don't like leaving my machine in sleep mode
overnight, neither do I like leaving it on all day either, I would much
rather turn the machine off completely. However, if you prefer to leave your
PC in sleep mode then that is fine. All the flashing LED is telling you is
that the machine is sleeping.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"spangles" <spangles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I leave my computer on sleep is it ok to have the blue led light
> flashing
> all night?It's just that it seems to be flashing fast.

spangles

Re: Flashing led light

Thanks for replying. Actually if it is alright to keep turning it off
instead of putting it in sleep mode then that is what I would prefer to do.
Thanks for the information.
"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> Yes it is normal. Personally I don't like leaving my machine in sleep mode
> overnight, neither do I like leaving it on all day either, I would much
> rather turn the machine off completely. However, if you prefer to leave your
> PC in sleep mode then that is fine. All the flashing LED is telling you is
> that the machine is sleeping.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> mail/post..
>
> "spangles" <spangles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I leave my computer on sleep is it ok to have the blue led light
> > flashing
> > all night?It's just that it seems to be flashing fast.

John Barnett MVP

Re: Flashing led light
As I said in my original post, Spangles, my desktop is turned off at the end
of use. I will put it into sleep mode if I'm going to be away for half an
hour or so, but never any longer. If I'm away for a couple of hour the
machine is shut down completely. My laptop is treated in the same way.

Strangely, whenever I do put the machine into sleep or hibernate I can
never, once I come out of sleep or hibernate, log on to the internet again;
I have to reboot completely, so sleep and hibernate are not really much use
to me.