Remove ReadyBoost from USB flash drive

Spectrumone

Remove ReadyBoost from USB flash drive
Used a USB flash for ReadyBoost for a period of time. Saw no improvement in
performance. Want to use flash drive for normal data storage but have been
unable to remove the ReadyBoost file form the drive. Advice please

Rogue

Re: Remove ReadyBoost from USB flash drive
Right click on the drive in an explorer window, choose properties,
readyboost tab, select Do not use readyboost on this drive. the file should
disappear and you should be able to use it as a normal flash drive.

"Spectrumone" <newsgroup.postal@dfgh.net> wrote in message
> Used a USB flash for ReadyBoost for a period of time. Saw no improvement
> in performance. Want to use flash drive for normal data storage but have
> been unable to remove the ReadyBoost file form the drive. Advice please

CJM

Re: Remove ReadyBoost from USB flash drive

"Spectrumone" <newsgroup.postal@dfgh.net> wrote in message
> Used a USB flash for ReadyBoost for a period of time. Saw no improvement
> in performance. Want to use flash drive for normal data storage but have
> been unable to remove the ReadyBoost file form the drive. Advice please

Out of interest, how exactly did you determine the performance differences
with/without ReadyBoost? What spec is your PC?

Spectrumone

Re: Remove ReadyBoost from USB flash drive
My evaluation was strickly a visual accessment.

If my eyes do not see faster performance then there isn't any of value.
Like most performance tools, a load of some sort has to exist, memory full
with multiple apps, etc. Like adding hard memory to a system if system is
running only one app. I thought trying Readyboost for the $12 price of a
flsh drive was worth it. Now
I will use the flash for data. I'm still a happy camper.

"CJM" <cjmnews04@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message

> "Spectrumone" <newsgroup.postal@dfgh.net> wrote in message
>> Used a USB flash for ReadyBoost for a period of time. Saw no improvement
>> in performance. Want to use flash drive for normal data storage but have
>> been unable to remove the ReadyBoost file form the drive. Advice please

> Out of interest, how exactly did you determine the performance differences
> with/without ReadyBoost? What spec is your PC?

Mike Lewis

Re: Remove ReadyBoost from USB flash drive

*I AM NEW HERE AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND HOW TO ACTIVATE MY FLASH
DRIVE MEMORY TO BE USED AS REGULAR RAM (*- I READ I COULD SOME PLACE AND
PURCHASED A 8 GIG SD FLASH USB- ) *OR AS A READYBOOST AND WOULD LIKE TO
TRY IT OUT INSTEAD OF BUYING AND INSTALLING RAM IN TO MY LAP TOP. ANY
IDEAS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED AS WELL AS ANY IDEA'S ON HOW USING MY
FLASH DRIVE TO ENHANCE MY SYSTEM.*

*PS !This A to Z help page (s) is a God send! *

--
Mike Lewis