wireless network connection

JanetP

wireless network connection
Is ther a way to create two different wireless network connections where one
would be used to connect to network at work with specific ip addresses and
one would be general where an ip address could be obtained automatically? I
realize only one could be enabled at a time.
Thank you for any advice you could give.
Rick Rogers

Re: wireless network connection
Hi,

Click start, type "network and sharing" and select the entry in the start
menu. On the resulting dialog, click the option in the left column to manage
wireless networks. Now click the 'add' button to create a second connection
that you can customize. You can also set a preference for one over the
other.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"JanetP" <JanetP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is ther a way to create two different wireless network connections where
> one
> would be used to connect to network at work with specific ip addresses and
> one would be general where an ip address could be obtained automatically?
> realize only one could be enabled at a time.
> Thank you for any advice you could give.

JanetP

Re: wireless network connection
Thanks for your advice. I'm sorry, but I do not see an add button. I am
running Windows Vista Home Basic. Does that make a difference?
Thank you.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Click start, type "network and sharing" and select the entry in the start
> menu. On the resulting dialog, click the option in the left column to manage
> wireless networks. Now click the 'add' button to create a second connection
> that you can customize. You can also set a preference for one over the
> other.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "JanetP" <JanetP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is ther a way to create two different wireless network connections where
> > one
> > would be used to connect to network at work with specific ip addresses and
> > one would be general where an ip address could be obtained automatically?
> > realize only one could be enabled at a time.
> > Thank you for any advice you could give.

Rick Rogers

Re: wireless network connection
Hi,

No, it's fine to be running Home Basic. The "add" button should be in the
toolbar, signified by a large green "plus" sign after you open the manage
wireless networks dialog.

--

> Thanks for your advice. I'm sorry, but I do not see an add button. I am
> running Windows Vista Home Basic. Does that make a difference?
> Thank you.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Click start, type "network and sharing" and select the entry in the start
>> menu. On the resulting dialog, click the option in the left column to
>> manage
>> wireless networks. Now click the 'add' button to create a second
>> connection
>> that you can customize. You can also set a preference for one over the
>> other.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "JanetP" <JanetP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is ther a way to create two different wireless network connections
>> > where
>> > one
>> > would be used to connect to network at work with specific ip addresses
>> > and
>> > one would be general where an ip address could be obtained
>> > automatically?
>> > realize only one could be enabled at a time.
>> > Thank you for any advice you could give.

JanetP

Re: wireless network connection
Thanks, I opened the wrong window.