Desktop Background

confused

Desktop Background
A few weeks ago I turned on my computer and found my desktop background was
black. I tried to change it back to the picture I originaly had, but it
wouldn't change. I can only change it to a colour.

My daughter recently installed a sims game, but the graphics are fuzzy. This
never used to happen before, it has only started since my desktop background
went black.

Is there something wrong with my screen?

please help
PaulB

RE: Desktop Background
Have you tried a "system restore" to a date before this black screen appeared?
--
Paul

"confused" wrote:

> A few weeks ago I turned on my computer and found my desktop background was
> black. I tried to change it back to the picture I originaly had, but it
> wouldn't change. I can only change it to a colour.
>

> My daughter recently installed a sims game, but the graphics are fuzzy. This
> never used to happen before, it has only started since my desktop background
> went black.
>
> Is there something wrong with my screen?
>
> please help

Rick Rogers

Re: Desktop Background
Hi,

Have you tried reinstalling or updating your display adapter/video driver?
Do this from the manufacturer's site, not Windows Update.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A few weeks ago I turned on my computer and found my desktop background was
> black. I tried to change it back to the picture I originaly had, but it
> wouldn't change. I can only change it to a colour.
>

> My daughter recently installed a sims game, but the graphics are fuzzy.
> This
> never used to happen before, it has only started since my desktop
> background
> went black.
>
> Is there something wrong with my screen?
>
> please help

Can you tell me if any of these ideas wo

Re: Desktop Background

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you tried reinstalling or updating your display adapter/video driver?
> Do this from the manufacturer's site, not Windows Update.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >A few weeks ago I turned on my computer and found my desktop background was
> > black. I tried to change it back to the picture I originaly had, but it
> > wouldn't change. I can only change it to a colour.
> >

> > My daughter recently installed a sims game, but the graphics are fuzzy.
> > This
> > never used to happen before, it has only started since my desktop
> > background
> > went black.
> >
> > Is there something wrong with my screen?
> >
> > please help

Can you tell me if any of these ideas wo

Re: Desktop Background
Can you tell me if any of these ideas worked since the same thing happened to
my desktop background after my system crashed. Thanks.

Lorri