CAD Problem

SB

CAD Problem
I have inadvertently changed the task manager display to be nothing but
a srceen showing the cpu graph. All of the tabs/buttons are gone. I've
resized it by dragging etc, but nothing helps. I have to hit ESC to
close it as there are no buttons.

How can I restore it?
Synapse Syndrome

Re: CAD Problem
"SB" <slug@gnail.com> wrote in message
> I have inadvertently changed the task manager display to be nothing
> but a srceen showing the cpu graph. All of the tabs/buttons are gone.
> I've resized it by dragging etc, but nothing helps. I have to hit
> ESC to close it as there are no buttons.
>
> How can I restore it?

Double click on the edge to toggle the chrome.

What has this to do with CAD, by the way?

ss.

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: CAD Problem
On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 11:48:25 -0700, SB <slug@gnail.com> wrote:

> I have inadvertently changed the task manager display to be nothing but
> a srceen showing the cpu graph. All of the tabs/buttons are gone. I've
> resized it by dragging etc, but nothing helps. I have to hit ESC to
> close it as there are no buttons.

"CAD Problem"? Why is this a CAD problem?

You're running in what's called "Small Footprint Mode." To change back
and forth from this mode to regular mode, just double-click on the
border.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Bruce Chambers

Re: CAD Problem
SB wrote:
> I have inadvertently changed the task manager display to be nothing but
> a srceen showing the cpu graph. All of the tabs/buttons are gone. I've
> resized it by dragging etc, but nothing helps. I have to hit ESC to
> close it as there are no buttons.
>
> How can I restore it?

It sounds like you're running Task Manager in "Small Footprint
Mode." Simply double-click anywhere along the top or side borders to
return to a normal view. Alternatively, pressing <Ctrl>+<Tab> will
allow you to cycle between the various displays, and <Alt>+<F4> will
close it.

Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP (Applies to
Vista, as well.)

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Bruce Chambers

Re: CAD Problem
Synapse Syndrome wrote:

> What has this to do with CAD, by the way?
>
> ss.

In this case, I think the OP means CAD to represent <Crtl>+<Alt>+<Del>,
rather than the standard "Computer Aided Design."

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 11:48:25 -0700, SB <slug@gnail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have inadvertently changed the task manager display to be nothing but
>> a srceen showing the cpu graph. All of the tabs/buttons are gone. I've
>> resized it by dragging etc, but nothing helps. I have to hit ESC to
>> close it as there are no buttons.

> "CAD Problem"? Why is this a CAD problem?

Ken --

In this case, I think the OP means "CAD" to represent
<Crtl>+<Alt>+<Del>, rather than the standard "Computer Aided Design."

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: CAD Problem
On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 10:17:43 -0600, Bruce Chambers
<bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote:

> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> > On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 11:48:25 -0700, SB <slug@gnail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I have inadvertently changed the task manager display to be nothing but
> >> a srceen showing the cpu graph. All of the tabs/buttons are gone. I've
> >> resized it by dragging etc, but nothing helps. I have to hit ESC to
> >> close it as there are no buttons.

> > "CAD Problem"? Why is this a CAD problem?
> >

> Ken --
>
> In this case, I think the OP means "CAD" to represent
> <Crtl>+<Alt>+<Del>, rather than the standard "Computer Aided Design."

Ah! You're probably right.

But using a standard abbreviation in a non-standard way is bound to
confuse people.

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:

> But using a standard abbreviation in a non-standard way is bound to
> confuse people.

True, but there are a lot of people who don't know the standard acronyms.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: CAD Problem
On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 14:17:46 -0600, Bruce Chambers
<bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote:

> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> >

> > But using a standard abbreviation in a non-standard way is bound to
> > confuse people.
> >

> True, but there are a lot of people who don't know the standard acronyms.

Also true, but all the more reason to be very careful if you try to
make up your own abbreviations. If I told someone that I was going to
RI next week, there would no reason to expect him to understand that I
meant I was going to Rome, Italy (which I am), whether or not he knew
that there was a US state called Rhode Island.

Bruce Chambers wrote:
> Synapse Syndrome wrote:
>>

>> What has this to do with CAD, by the way?
>>
>> ss.
>>

> In this case, I think the OP means CAD to represent
> <Crtl>+<Alt>+<Del>, rather than the standard "Computer Aided Design."

Exactly. Thanks Bruce. I did as you suggested and restored the window.
Sorry for any confusion about the acronym.