Strange Little Problem w/ Vista's Screens

SB

Strange Little Problem w/ Vista's Screens
On a new Toshiba notebook Satellite A135 w/ Vista once in a while a
simple movement of a finger on the touch pad will cause the current
screen to minimize to the task bar regardless of where the cursor may be
at the time. I've tried to re-create the problem by moving around on
the touch pad and clicking on screens etc, but it only does it when IT
wants to.

While not a gamer, I fooled around with one of the on-board games called
Mahjong. while playing the game the screen will minimize (smaller) and
a few mintues later maximize and this happens perhaps 4-5 times over the
course of the game. In this instance it does not minimize to the task
bar, it just gets smaller and then jumps up maximized again.

I noticed last time I did the Windows update that there was a Synaptics
update for the touch pad. W/o researching that I just hoped that would
fix it. I've also found nothing pertinent at the Toshiba forums. I
tend to believe it may not be a problem w/ the touch pad but rather w/
Vista.

Is this a problem that occurs with others? Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks group.

-SB
Rick Rogers

Re: Strange Little Problem w/ Vista's Screens
Hi,

I doubt it's problem with Vista, as it would probably be a pretty well known
issue by now. There are a couple of possible causes of this issue I can
think of.

As a bit of background information, hitting the winkey+m will minimize open
Windows, and winkey+d will minimize them as well as the gadget bar. I state
this because it is possible that something you are doing could be causing
that keystroke combination, or the system "thinks" that one of those
combinations has been struck. This could include one key being stuck, or
fingers straying on the keyboard.

The more likely explanation is the touchpad driver. I'd rollback any that
have been installed and get a fresh one from Toshiba to install. There is
also the possibility that something is shorting/opening in the circuitry -
this would require service by a technician.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"SB" <slug@gnail.com> wrote in message
> On a new Toshiba notebook Satellite A135 w/ Vista once in a while a simple
> movement of a finger on the touch pad will cause the current screen to
> minimize to the task bar regardless of where the cursor may be at the
> time. I've tried to re-create the problem by moving around on the touch
> pad and clicking on screens etc, but it only does it when IT wants to.
>
> While not a gamer, I fooled around with one of the on-board games called
> Mahjong. while playing the game the screen will minimize (smaller) and a
> few mintues later maximize and this happens perhaps 4-5 times over the
> course of the game. In this instance it does not minimize to the task
> bar, it just gets smaller and then jumps up maximized again.
>
> I noticed last time I did the Windows update that there was a Synaptics
> update for the touch pad. W/o researching that I just hoped that would
> fix it. I've also found nothing pertinent at the Toshiba forums. I tend
> to believe it may not be a problem w/ the touch pad but rather w/ Vista.
>
> Is this a problem that occurs with others? Any ideas or suggestions?
> Thanks group.
>
> -SB

judefitz

RE: Strange Little Problem w/ Vista's Screens
I also have this problem on a Toshiba laptop with Vista. It happens with many
games not only with the games that come with the system but with my favourite
- Worbiz. I will click with the touchpad and down she goes. Minimizes. I do
not get an option to roll back the driver. Nor do I have the opportunity to
update the driver. What to do?

"SB" wrote:

> On a new Toshiba notebook Satellite A135 w/ Vista once in a while a
> simple movement of a finger on the touch pad will cause the current
> screen to minimize to the task bar regardless of where the cursor may be
> at the time. I've tried to re-create the problem by moving around on
> the touch pad and clicking on screens etc, but it only does it when IT
> wants to.
>
> While not a gamer, I fooled around with one of the on-board games called
> Mahjong. while playing the game the screen will minimize (smaller) and
> a few mintues later maximize and this happens perhaps 4-5 times over the
> course of the game. In this instance it does not minimize to the task
> bar, it just gets smaller and then jumps up maximized again.
>
> I noticed last time I did the Windows update that there was a Synaptics
> update for the touch pad. W/o researching that I just hoped that would
> fix it. I've also found nothing pertinent at the Toshiba forums. I
> tend to believe it may not be a problem w/ the touch pad but rather w/
> Vista.
>
> Is this a problem that occurs with others? Any ideas or suggestions?
> Thanks group.
>
> -SB

DJ

"judefitz" wrote:

> I also have this problem on a Toshiba laptop with Vista. It happens with many
> games not only with the games that come with the system but with my favourite
> - Worbiz. I will click with the touchpad and down she goes. Minimizes. I do
> not get an option to roll back the driver. Nor do I have the opportunity to
> update the driver. What to do?
>
> "SB" wrote:
>
> > On a new Toshiba notebook Satellite A135 w/ Vista once in a while a
> > simple movement of a finger on the touch pad will cause the current
> > screen to minimize to the task bar regardless of where the cursor may be
> > at the time. I've tried to re-create the problem by moving around on
> > the touch pad and clicking on screens etc, but it only does it when IT
> > wants to.
> >
> > While not a gamer, I fooled around with one of the on-board games called
> > Mahjong. while playing the game the screen will minimize (smaller) and
> > a few mintues later maximize and this happens perhaps 4-5 times over the
> > course of the game. In this instance it does not minimize to the task
> > bar, it just gets smaller and then jumps up maximized again.
> >
> > I noticed last time I did the Windows update that there was a Synaptics
> > update for the touch pad. W/o researching that I just hoped that would
> > fix it. I've also found nothing pertinent at the Toshiba forums. I
> > tend to believe it may not be a problem w/ the touch pad but rather w/
> > Vista.
> >
> > Is this a problem that occurs with others? Any ideas or suggestions?
> > Thanks group.
> >
> > -SB

DJ

RE: Strange Little Problem w/ Vista's Screens
I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista as well. This happens while checking my
email and while surfing the web (ie. browsing sales, etc.). I know I am not
hitting any other keys ... just have my finger on the touchpad. It is pretty
annoying and glad to hear it is not just me.

"judefitz" wrote:

> I also have this problem on a Toshiba laptop with Vista. It happens with many
> games not only with the games that come with the system but with my favourite
> - Worbiz. I will click with the touchpad and down she goes. Minimizes. I do
> not get an option to roll back the driver. Nor do I have the opportunity to
> update the driver. What to do?
>
> "SB" wrote:
>
> > On a new Toshiba notebook Satellite A135 w/ Vista once in a while a
> > simple movement of a finger on the touch pad will cause the current
> > screen to minimize to the task bar regardless of where the cursor may be
> > at the time. I've tried to re-create the problem by moving around on
> > the touch pad and clicking on screens etc, but it only does it when IT
> > wants to.
> >
> > While not a gamer, I fooled around with one of the on-board games called
> > Mahjong. while playing the game the screen will minimize (smaller) and
> > a few mintues later maximize and this happens perhaps 4-5 times over the
> > course of the game. In this instance it does not minimize to the task
> > bar, it just gets smaller and then jumps up maximized again.
> >
> > I noticed last time I did the Windows update that there was a Synaptics
> > update for the touch pad. W/o researching that I just hoped that would
> > fix it. I've also found nothing pertinent at the Toshiba forums. I
> > tend to believe it may not be a problem w/ the touch pad but rather w/
> > Vista.
> >
> > Is this a problem that occurs with others? Any ideas or suggestions?
> > Thanks group.
> >
> > -SB

psp

Re: Strange Little Problem w/ Vista's Screens
Rick,
I am have this problem right now. It only started after the automatic
updates from last week. It is driving me crazy how do I fix this?

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I doubt it's problem with Vista, as it would probably be a pretty well known
> issue by now. There are a couple of possible causes of this issue I can
> think of.
>
> As a bit of background information, hitting the winkey+m will minimize open
> Windows, and winkey+d will minimize them as well as the gadget bar. I state
> this because it is possible that something you are doing could be causing
> that keystroke combination, or the system "thinks" that one of those
> combinations has been struck. This could include one key being stuck, or
> fingers straying on the keyboard.
>
> The more likely explanation is the touchpad driver. I'd rollback any that
> have been installed and get a fresh one from Toshiba to install. There is
> also the possibility that something is shorting/opening in the circuitry -
> this would require service by a technician.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "SB" <slug@gnail.com> wrote in message
> > On a new Toshiba notebook Satellite A135 w/ Vista once in a while a simple
> > movement of a finger on the touch pad will cause the current screen to
> > minimize to the task bar regardless of where the cursor may be at the
> > time. I've tried to re-create the problem by moving around on the touch
> > pad and clicking on screens etc, but it only does it when IT wants to.
> >
> > While not a gamer, I fooled around with one of the on-board games called
> > Mahjong. while playing the game the screen will minimize (smaller) and a
> > few mintues later maximize and this happens perhaps 4-5 times over the
> > course of the game. In this instance it does not minimize to the task
> > bar, it just gets smaller and then jumps up maximized again.
> >
> > I noticed last time I did the Windows update that there was a Synaptics
> > update for the touch pad. W/o researching that I just hoped that would
> > fix it. I've also found nothing pertinent at the Toshiba forums. I tend
> > to believe it may not be a problem w/ the touch pad but rather w/ Vista.
> >
> > Is this a problem that occurs with others? Any ideas or suggestions?
> > Thanks group.
> >
> > -SB

toni

RE: Strange Little Problem w/ Vista's Screens
I have this problem with my Toshiba laptop Vista - we all seem to have
downloaded games and I am using a 90day Norton Trial - it is so frustrating
it is happening to me every few minutes sometimes seconds!

Any of u lot got the problem fixed - plus what does the winkey key mean?

Toni