Control Panel Problem

I. Kumquat

Control Panel Problem
Every time I try to open my control panel, it seems to open for a second and
then closes immediately. I can access all of the files within the panel by
"exploring" the folder through the sidebar in, say, My Computer, but I simply
cannot open the Panel itself.
spastickiddo

RE: Control Panel Problem

"I. Kumquat" wrote:

> Every time I try to open my control panel, it seems to open for a second and
> then closes immediately. I can access all of the files within the panel by
> "exploring" the folder through the sidebar in, say, My Computer, but I simply
> cannot open the Panel itself.

me too ! i canot open control panel and windows update, it close immediately
after it open. and i cant upgrade adobe flash player. it says update
complete. but i still cant view the videos. HELP PLZ !!
amos

RE: Control Panel Problem

"I. Kumquat" wrote:

> Every time I try to open my control panel, it seems to open for a second and
> then closes immediately. I can access all of the files within the panel by
> "exploring" the folder through the sidebar in, say, My Computer, but I simply
> cannot open the Panel itself.

amos

RE: Control Panel Problem
I have the same problem trying to access the Control Panel. Help?

"amos" wrote:

> "I. Kumquat" wrote:
>
> > Every time I try to open my control panel, it seems to open for a second and
> > then closes immediately. I can access all of the files within the panel by
> > "exploring" the folder through the sidebar in, say, My Computer, but I simply
> > cannot open the Panel itself.

ther is no one to help. lols, no one read our thread.
but urs is it new computer? or u bought vista and installed it yourself?
shyuorama@gmail.com

Re: Control Panel Problem
On Nov 28, 1:55 am, spastickiddo
<spasticki...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> "amos" wrote:
>
> > "I. Kumquat" wrote:

> > > Every time I try to open my control panel, it seems to open for a second and
> > > then closes immediately. I can access all of the files within the panel by
> > > "exploring" the folder through the sidebar in, say, My Computer, but I simply
> > > cannot open the Panel itself.

> ther is no one to help. lols, no one read our thread.
> but urs is it new computer? or u bought vista and installed it yourself?

I have the same problem. Weird thing is, it worked before but just
not today. It's a new laptop.
Sá

Re: Control Panel Problem
I have the same problem too. My computer is a new one desktop with Vista Home
Premium. It works normaly in the begining but now I cannot acess the control
panel it just blinks but doesn't appears.

"shyuorama@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Nov 28, 1:55 am, spastickiddo
> <spasticki...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> > ther is no one to help. lols, no one read our thread.
> > but urs is it new computer? or u bought vista and installed it yourself?

> I have the same problem. Weird thing is, it worked before but just
> not today. It's a new laptop.

BarbLynne

Re: Control Panel Problem
Alot of people are having the same problem. I have been working on this
since 9-2007.
Everyone will tell you to go to the hotfix #(936686) - Describes a problem
in which you may be unable to open components such as games, Control Panel,
or the Welcome Center. Or, Control Panel icons do not appear as expected.
The above is only if you have a problem with NERO inCD. Which most of us do
not.

Other people will tell you to turn on this and turn off that. Well it
doesn't work either. It may...temporarily.

Here's where I'm at...at this point, because there is no help out there for
this problem, I found a way to get into the control panel (so you can use it)
but still does not FIX our problem:
Click on "My Computer" and see CONTROL PANEL??? This one will come up for
you!

Hope I've helped somewhat. BarbLynne
mathews2010

Re: Control Panel Problem

try the hotfix again...'Icons are missing from Control Panel, or you
cannot start Control Panel, the Welcome Center, or games in Windows
Vista' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936686/en-us)...
now try downloading vista sp1

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-news/1...c-release.html

--
mathews2010

- ::Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600)::
- ::216BW Samsung Widescreen
::
- ::Nvidia 8400 GS::
- ::320 GB Seagate HDD::
- ::2 GB G.Skill (DDR 2 800) (PC2-6400)
::
- ::ASUS P5K LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard...::
- ::Vista x64 Service Pack 1
::
Mark S

RE: Control Panel Problem
I have the same problem. I built a computer myself, bought visat home
premium. Was working fine for a while, not I have control panel issues as you
discussed. I just downloaded a hot fix from MS that seems to address this
issue. I'm not sure if it will work permanently, since my CP problem comes
and goes for no apparent reason (apparent to me, anyway).
--
Mark S