Please Help! - Annoying Flashing Window Won't Stop

Barbara

Please Help! - Annoying Flashing Window Won't Stop
Hello,

I am at a loss of what to do to make the annoying window that keeps flashing
on the screen to stop. I have no idea what the window says or what it is for
because it flashes so quickly. I don't know enough about Vista to know how to
find out and/or fix this problem. It interfers with just about everything I
do, for instance, if I'm looking in my favorites list, the list closes when
the flash happens or other open windows will close or minimize when it
flashes.

I'm not sure what other information to give everyone, but if you need more,
and can help me fix this, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you,

Barbara

--
Barbara
brink

Re: Please Help! - Annoying Flashing Window Won't Stop

Barbara;471721 Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am at a loss of what to do to make the annoying window that keeps
> flashing
> on the screen to stop. I have no idea what the window says or what it
> is for
> because it flashes so quickly. I don't know enough about Vista to know
> how to
> find out and/or fix this problem. It interfers with just about
> everything I
> do, for instance, if I'm looking in my favorites list, the list closes
> when
> the flash happens or other open windows will close or minimize when it
> flashes.
>
> I'm not sure what other information to give everyone, but if you need
> more,
> and can help me fix this, I would be greatly appreciative.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Barbara
>
> --
> Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Check these settings in the Control Panel (Classic View).

1. Click on "Ease of Access Center" icon.
2. Click on "Use text or visual alternatives for sounds"
3. Uncheck "Turn on visual notifications for sounds (Sound Sentry)".
4. Click Save.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Barbara

Re: Please Help! - Annoying Flashing Window Won't Stop
Hi Shawn,

Thank you for the suggestion. However, that box was already unchecked. I've
started to download some patches, but so far nothing has worked. Every time
the window flashes, the cursor jumps to the top of the window I'm typing in
making it frustrating trying to get anything done. I'm ready to back out of
this Vista (Professional) and go back to XP. I really need some help with
this. I hope someone can help to figure it out. Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Barbara
--
Barbara