Vista Backup I/O Error

SJH

Vista Backup I/O Error
I'm trying to run a backup onto DVD. Things seem to progress well, but I
keep getting a failure on disk 1. The failure is a I/O Device Error
0x8007045D. The DVD is nearly full when the error occurs. I've checked the
firmware and it confirms that it is up to date. What's next to try?
SJH

RE: Vista Backup I/O Error
I did try one of the suggested fixes. I turned off the restore function for
all my drives, applied, then re-checked the drives, and hit create. I then
ran the backup and received the same i/o error. Should I be running the
backup before creating the new restore point?

"SJH" wrote:

> I'm trying to run a backup onto DVD. Things seem to progress well, but I
> keep getting a failure on disk 1. The failure is a I/O Device Error
> 0x8007045D. The DVD is nearly full when the error occurs. I've checked the
> firmware and it confirms that it is up to date. What's next to try?

tom9940

Re: Vista Backup I/O Error

SJH;470958 Wrote:
> I did try one of the suggested fixes. I turned off the restore function
> for
> all my drives, applied, then re-checked the drives, and hit create. I
> then
> ran the backup and received the same i/o error. Should I be running
> the
> backup before creating the new restore point?
>

> "SJH" wrote:

That's exactly my problem. Have you found a solution yet?

--
tom9940
Sooty

RE: Vista Backup I/O Error
SJH - I'm new to this game. Same problem as you had. Did you find an answer ?
--
Sooty

"SJH" wrote:

> I'm trying to run a backup onto DVD. Things seem to progress well, but I
> keep getting a failure on disk 1. The failure is a I/O Device Error
> 0x8007045D. The DVD is nearly full when the error occurs. I've checked the
> firmware and it confirms that it is up to date. What's next to try?

Bob

Re: Vista Backup I/O Error
In some instances while attempting to run Windows Complete PC Backup the
backup may fail with error code 0x8007045d (if you have automated your PC’s
backup using Task Scheduler, you can find the error code using Windows Event
Viewer). This particular problem, at least in my experiences, happens when
Windows Complete PC Backup attempts to backup some portion(s) of System
Recovery, whether it be a Restore Point or files backed up for Previous
Versions.

To resolve this error you have to clear all System Recovery data from your
computer. To do this

1.First right-click on Computer and click on ‘Properties’.
2. Once System has opened click on ‘System protection’ located in the
purple-ish bar on the left side of the window. This will open up the System
Properties dialog. From there,
3, Uncheck the checkbox next to ‘Local Disk (C’ and click ‘Apply’.

Doing this will cause a message box to appear confirming that you want to
turn off System Restore, click on ‘Turn System Restore Off’ and then click
‘Apply’ once again.

After waiting a few moments, look to the right of ‘Local Disk (C’ under
the column called ‘Most recent restore point’, it should say ‘None’. If you
don’t see ‘None’, try waiting a few more minutes, depending on the number of
Restore Points on your computer, it may take a few minutes to remove all the
data. If you do see ‘None’, recheck ‘Local Disk (C’ and press ‘Apply’ to
turn System Restore back on and for safeties sake, create a new Restore
Point.

Try running your backup again, it should now complete without an error. If
however it encounters another error, just delete the ‘WindowsImageBackup’
folder on the hard disk you selected to use as your backup device and try
again.

Hope this helps
Bob

"Sooty" <Sooty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> SJH - I'm new to this game. Same problem as you had. Did you find an
> answer ?
> --
> Sooty
>

> "SJH" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to run a backup onto DVD. Things seem to progress well, but I
>> keep getting a failure on disk 1. The failure is a I/O Device Error
>> 0x8007045D. The DVD is nearly full when the error occurs. I've checked
>> the
>> firmware and it confirms that it is up to date. What's next to try?

Sooty

Re: Vista Backup I/O Error
Thank you Bob, that did the trick, or as we say down here 'Proper Job' !
--
Sooty

"Bob" wrote:

> In some instances while attempting to run Windows Complete PC Backup the
> backup may fail with error code 0x8007045d (if you have automated your PC’s
> backup using Task Scheduler, you can find the error code using Windows Event
> Viewer). This particular problem, at least in my experiences, happens when
> Windows Complete PC Backup attempts to backup some portion(s) of System
> Recovery, whether it be a Restore Point or files backed up for Previous
> Versions.
>
> To resolve this error you have to clear all System Recovery data from your
> computer. To do this
>
> 1.First right-click on Computer and click on ‘Properties’.
> 2. Once System has opened click on ‘System protection’ located in the
> purple-ish bar on the left side of the window. This will open up the System
> Properties dialog. From there,
> 3, Uncheck the checkbox next to ‘Local Disk (C’ and click ‘Apply’.
>
> Doing this will cause a message box to appear confirming that you want to
> turn off System Restore, click on ‘Turn System Restore Off’ and then click
> ‘Apply’ once again.
>
> After waiting a few moments, look to the right of ‘Local Disk (C’ under
> the column called ‘Most recent restore point’, it should say ‘None’. If you
> don’t see ‘None’, try waiting a few more minutes, depending on the number of
> Restore Points on your computer, it may take a few minutes to remove all the
> data. If you do see ‘None’, recheck ‘Local Disk (C’ and press ‘Apply’ to
> turn System Restore back on and for safeties sake, create a new Restore
> Point.
>
> Try running your backup again, it should now complete without an error. If
> however it encounters another error, just delete the ‘WindowsImageBackup’
> folder on the hard disk you selected to use as your backup device and try
> again.
>
> Hope this helps
> Bob
>
> "Sooty" <Sooty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > SJH - I'm new to this game. Same problem as you had. Did you find an
> > answer ?
> > --
> > Sooty
> >

> > "SJH" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to run a backup onto DVD. Things seem to progress well, but I
> >> keep getting a failure on disk 1. The failure is a I/O Device Error
> >> 0x8007045D. The DVD is nearly full when the error occurs. I've checked
> >> the
> >> firmware and it confirms that it is up to date. What's next to try?

Bob

Re: Vista Backup I/O Error
You are welcome, glad I could help.

> Thank you Bob, that did the trick, or as we say down here 'Proper Job' !
> --
> Sooty
>

> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> In some instances while attempting to run Windows Complete PC Backup the
>> backup may fail with error code 0x8007045d (if you have automated your PC’s
>> backup using Task Scheduler, you can find the error code using Windows
>> Event
>> Viewer). This particular problem, at least in my experiences, happens
>> when
>> Windows Complete PC Backup attempts to backup some portion(s) of System
>> Recovery, whether it be a Restore Point or files backed up for Previous
>> Versions.
>>
>> To resolve this error you have to clear all System Recovery data from
>> your
>> computer. To do this
>>
>> 1.First right-click on Computer and click on ‘Properties’.
>> 2. Once System has opened click on ‘System protection’ located in the
>> purple-ish bar on the left side of the window. This will open up the
>> System
>> Properties dialog. From there,
>> 3, Uncheck the checkbox next to ‘Local Disk (C’ and click ‘Apply’.
>>
>> Doing this will cause a message box to appear confirming that you want to
>> turn off System Restore, click on ‘Turn System Restore Off’ and then
>> click
>> ‘Apply’ once again.
>>
>> After waiting a few moments, look to the right of ‘Local Disk (C’ under
>> the column called ‘Most recent restore point’, it should say ‘None’. If
>> you
>> don’t see ‘None’, try waiting a few more minutes, depending on the number
>> of
>> Restore Points on your computer, it may take a few minutes to remove all
>> the
>> data. If you do see ‘None’, recheck ‘Local Disk (C’ and press ‘Apply’
>> turn System Restore back on and for safeties sake, create a new Restore
>> Point.
>>
>> Try running your backup again, it should now complete without an error.
>> If
>> however it encounters another error, just delete the ‘WindowsImageBackup’
>> folder on the hard disk you selected to use as your backup device and try
>> again.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> Bob
>>
>> "Sooty" <Sooty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > SJH - I'm new to this game. Same problem as you had. Did you find an
>> > answer ?
>> > --
>> > Sooty

tom9940

Re: Vista Backup I/O Error

I gave up on using CD's or DVD's. I bought a flash drive for about $30
and do my backups by copying files to it. It's quicker too!

--
tom9940