PFN_LIST_CORRUPT?

P.J.

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT?
During start up / booting on of my system, it goes to blue screen and have an
error message PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. What does it mean? Automatically, my system
was restart then again repeats the same problem.

How to fix the error?

Malke

Re: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT?
P.J. wrote:
> During start up / booting on of my system, it goes to blue screen and have an
> error message PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. What does it mean? Automatically, my system
> was restart then again repeats the same problem.
>
> How to fix the error?

Asked and answered in the other newsgroup to which you posted. Please
don't multipost; it makes more work for everyone and will get you *less*
help, not more. See this for why:

If you have forgotten where you posted or can't find your post, use
Google Groups Advanced Search and search for your name.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
MegaBite

RE: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT?

"P.J." wrote:

> During start up / booting on of my system, it goes to blue screen and have an
> error message PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. What does it mean? Automatically, my system
> was restart then again repeats the same problem.
>
> How to fix the error?

Did you find an answer? I have the same problem.

Mark

Re: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT?
Google:
http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?article=334

"MegaBite" <MegaBite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "P.J." wrote:
>
>> During start up / booting on of my system, it goes to blue screen and
>> have an
>> error message PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. What does it mean? Automatically, my
>> system
>> was restart then again repeats the same problem.
>>
>> How to fix the error?

> Did you find an answer? I have the same problem.

Rick Rogers

Re: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT?
Hi,

It's a driver error, and the one that is causing it needs to be either
disabled or updated to a Vista-compatible one. When did the problem start
for you? Likely this will be a clue as to which driver it is. If you
recently updated a driver via Windows Update, then go to Safe mode and use
the driver rollback feature.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"MegaBite" <MegaBite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "P.J." wrote:
>
>> During start up / booting on of my system, it goes to blue screen and
>> have an
>> error message PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. What does it mean? Automatically, my
>> system
>> was restart then again repeats the same problem.
>>
>> How to fix the error?

> Did you find an answer? I have the same problem.

larryowl is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rogers View Post
Hi,

It's a driver error, and the one that is causing it needs to be either
disabled or updated to a Vista-compatible one. When did the problem start
for you? Likely this will be a clue as to which driver it is. If you
recently updated a driver via Windows Update, then go to Safe mode and use
the driver rollback feature.

--
Best of Luck,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Windows help - Nutcase's Home
My thoughts Life and other stuff

"MegaBite" wrote in message

> "P.J." wrote:
>
>> During start up / booting on of my system, it goes to blue screen and
>> have an
>> error message PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. What does it mean? Automatically, my
>> system
>> was restart then again repeats the same problem.
>>
>> How to fix the error?

> Did you find an answer? I have the same problem.

Found it! One of two sticks of RAM were bad. Pulled it out and system works normally.

bourbonman is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT?
error message PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

I have yet to find the answer to this dilema and it is driving me nuts
P4 2,8 intel
Vista Ultimate
Old intel Bonanza board
Anybody stear me in the right dirrection, Thanks
Frank Drew Leyda

Re: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT?
http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?article=334

"bourbonman" <bourbonman.4akjwh@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in