MSVBVM50.dll Problem

KillerK

MSVBVM50.dll Problem
Hi there,
I have just installed a program and everytime I try to run it, I get an
error saying that MSVBVM50.dll is required. I do not know what that is. Is
there anyway I can get the program to run? I have already tried compatibility
mode but that does not seem to help.

Thanks!
dean-dean

Re: MSVBVM50.dll Problem
If you have access to a computer running Windows XP, you can Copy the file
msvbvm50.dll from C:\WINDOWS\system32\, and Paste it into the same folder as
the program's .exe file that requires it, for example, put it in C:\Program
Files\ MyProgram, if the MyProgram folder contains MyProgram.exe. It
shouldn't have to be put in Vista's C:\WINDOWS\system32\...

If you don't have access to an XP computer, go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172991/EN-US/ , and download
http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/MSVBVM50.CAB . You can then
extract the file from msvbvm50.cab, and place in the folder as noted above.

"KillerK" <KillerK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> I have just installed a program and everytime I try to run it, I get an
> error saying that MSVBVM50.dll is required. I do not know what that is. Is
> there anyway I can get the program to run? I have already tried
> compatibility
> mode but that does not seem to help.
>
> Thanks!

Naturewoman

Re: MSVBVM50.dll Problem
I am having the same problem. I downloaded the MSVBVM50.dll file but can't
seem to extract it. I don't have a C:\Program
Files\ MyProgram, so tried to extract it into Vista's C:\WINDOWS\system32\,
but a window showed saying "access denied". Any help will be apreciated!
Thanks.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> If you have access to a computer running Windows XP, you can Copy the file
> msvbvm50.dll from C:\WINDOWS\system32\, and Paste it into the same folder as
> the program's .exe file that requires it, for example, put it in C:\Program
> Files\ MyProgram, if the MyProgram folder contains MyProgram.exe. It
> shouldn't have to be put in Vista's C:\WINDOWS\system32\...
>
> If you don't have access to an XP computer, go to
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172991/EN-US/ , and download
> http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/MSVBVM50.CAB . You can then
> extract the file from msvbvm50.cab, and place in the folder as noted above.
>

> "KillerK" <KillerK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> > I have just installed a program and everytime I try to run it, I get an
> > error saying that MSVBVM50.dll is required. I do not know what that is. Is
> > there anyway I can get the program to run? I have already tried
> > compatibility
> > mode but that does not seem to help.
> >
> > Thanks!

dean-dean

Re: MSVBVM50.dll Problem
Try downloading MSVBVM50.CAB to your desktop, double-click on MSVBVM50.CAB,
then drag msvbvm50.dll out of the MSVBVM50.CAB "folder" to your desktop.
Right-click on msvbvm50.dll, choose Cut, and Paste it into the same folder
as the .exe file (program) that needs it.

"Naturewoman" <Naturewoman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem. I downloaded the MSVBVM50.dll file but can't
> seem to extract it. I don't have a C:\Program
> Files\ MyProgram, so tried to extract it into Vista's
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\,
> but a window showed saying "access denied". Any help will be apreciated!
> Thanks.
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> If you have access to a computer running Windows XP, you can Copy the
>> file
>> msvbvm50.dll from C:\WINDOWS\system32\, and Paste it into the same folder
>> as
>> the program's .exe file that requires it, for example, put it in
>> C:\Program
>> Files\ MyProgram, if the MyProgram folder contains MyProgram.exe. It
>> shouldn't have to be put in Vista's C:\WINDOWS\system32\...
>>
>> If you don't have access to an XP computer, go to
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172991/EN-US/ , and download
>> http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/MSVBVM50.CAB . You can then
>> extract the file from msvbvm50.cab, and place in the folder as noted
>> above.
>>

>> "KillerK" <KillerK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi there,
>> > I have just installed a program and everytime I try to run it, I get an
>> > error saying that MSVBVM50.dll is required. I do not know what that is.
>> > Is
>> > there anyway I can get the program to run? I have already tried
>> > compatibility
>> > mode but that does not seem to help.
>> >
>> > Thanks!

Hector Ch.

Re: MSVBVM50.dll Problem
This solve the problem for me thank you.
I extracted it to desktop, copied it to the download folder and install the
program that was there.
Thanks a lot!

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Try downloading MSVBVM50.CAB to your desktop, double-click on MSVBVM50.CAB,
> then drag msvbvm50.dll out of the MSVBVM50.CAB "folder" to your desktop.
> Right-click on msvbvm50.dll, choose Cut, and Paste it into the same folder
> as the .exe file (program) that needs it.
>
> "Naturewoman" <Naturewoman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having the same problem. I downloaded the MSVBVM50.dll file but can't
> > seem to extract it. I don't have a C:\Program
> > Files\ MyProgram, so tried to extract it into Vista's
> > C:\WINDOWS\system32\,
> > but a window showed saying "access denied". Any help will be apreciated!
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "dean-dean" wrote:
> >
> >> If you have access to a computer running Windows XP, you can Copy the
> >> file
> >> msvbvm50.dll from C:\WINDOWS\system32\, and Paste it into the same folder
> >> as
> >> the program's .exe file that requires it, for example, put it in
> >> C:\Program
> >> Files\ MyProgram, if the MyProgram folder contains MyProgram.exe. It
> >> shouldn't have to be put in Vista's C:\WINDOWS\system32\...
> >>
> >> If you don't have access to an XP computer, go to
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172991/EN-US/ , and download
> >> http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/MSVBVM50.CAB . You can then
> >> extract the file from msvbvm50.cab, and place in the folder as noted
> >> above.

neu

Re: MSVBVM50.dll Problem
I am having the same problem. I downloaded the MSVBVM50.dll file but dunno
where to paste it because i am installing a screensaver and it not showing
the target folder.
type of file - application.exe
description - install screensaver
DLL

RE: MSVBVM50.dll Problem
i have the same problem whith DataStufion program i've downloaded the missing
DLL but still not working

"KillerK" wrote:

> Hi there,
> I have just installed a program and everytime I try to run it, I get an
> error saying that MSVBVM50.dll is required. I do not know what that is. Is
> there anyway I can get the program to run? I have already tried compatibility
> mode but that does not seem to help.
>
> Thanks!

Paulsmt

Re: MSVBVM50.dll Problem
Even better, copy Both files contained within
http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/MSVBVM50.CAB
to the desktop.
Right click on the MSVBVM50,inf Setup File, and click on Install.
(The Setup File has a picture with one gear, the other file has 2 gears.)
Now any program that needs it should run fine.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> If you have access to a computer running Windows XP, you can Copy the file
> msvbvm50.dll from C:\WINDOWS\system32\, and Paste it into the same folder as
> the program's .exe file that requires it, for example, put it in C:\Program
> Files\ MyProgram, if the MyProgram folder contains MyProgram.exe. It
> shouldn't have to be put in Vista's C:\WINDOWS\system32\...
>
> If you don't have access to an XP computer, go to
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172991/EN-US/ , and download
> http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/MSVBVM50.CAB . You can then
> extract the file from msvbvm50.cab, and place in the folder as noted above.

Gerbrand

Re: MSVBVM50.dll Problem
thanks for the info. it worked!

"dean-dean" wrote:

> If you have access to a computer running Windows XP, you can Copy the file
> msvbvm50.dll from C:\WINDOWS\system32\, and Paste it into the same folder as
> the program's .exe file that requires it, for example, put it in C:\Program
> Files\ MyProgram, if the MyProgram folder contains MyProgram.exe. It
> shouldn't have to be put in Vista's C:\WINDOWS\system32\...
>
> If you don't have access to an XP computer, go to
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172991/EN-US/ , and download
> http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/MSVBVM50.CAB . You can then
> extract the file from msvbvm50.cab, and place in the folder as noted above.
>

> "KillerK" <KillerK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> > I have just installed a program and everytime I try to run it, I get an
> > error saying that MSVBVM50.dll is required. I do not know what that is. Is
> > there anyway I can get the program to run? I have already tried
> > compatibility
> > mode but that does not seem to help.
> >
> > Thanks!

fat