Media Center/Screen Saver Conflict

qfnol31

Media Center/Screen Saver Conflict
I have an HP dv6275us notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium, 2GB of RAM
and an Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo processor at 1.83 GHz. I have an NVIDIA
GeForce Go 7400 graphics card with 128 MB. I have also installed all of the
current updates with my computer, both from Microsoft, and from HP.

Whenever I try to pause a DVD using Windows Media Center and the screen
saver interrupts, Media Center freezes for about two or three minutes, during
which time I cannot pull up Task Manager unless I eject the DVD, which also
takes about two or three minutes. I have tried to change some of my
settings. First I tried different screen savers, but it has messed up for
both Bubbles and Ribbons so far. Next I took off the password when my
computer comes out of hibernation or standby, but still no such luck.

I know there is a hotfix in case the DVD stops playback when the window is
resized (and I don't know if these were ever put into a full update), but
this isn't a problem I have.

I'm pretty much at a loss as to how I can resolve this issue without turning
off the screen saver each time I use my DVD player.
dean-dean

Re: Media Center/Screen Saver Conflict
You could try this. In Windows Media Player > Tools > Options, on the
Player tab, un-check "Allow screensaver during playback". I don't see a
similar option in Windows Media Center, but maybe it uses the option in
Media Player...

"qfnol31" <qfnol31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an HP dv6275us notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium, 2GB of RAM
> and an Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo processor at 1.83 GHz. I have an NVIDIA
> GeForce Go 7400 graphics card with 128 MB. I have also installed all of
> the
> current updates with my computer, both from Microsoft, and from HP.
>
> Whenever I try to pause a DVD using Windows Media Center and the screen
> saver interrupts, Media Center freezes for about two or three minutes,
> during
> which time I cannot pull up Task Manager unless I eject the DVD, which
> also
> takes about two or three minutes. I have tried to change some of my
> settings. First I tried different screen savers, but it has messed up for
> both Bubbles and Ribbons so far. Next I took off the password when my
> computer comes out of hibernation or standby, but still no such luck.
>
> I know there is a hotfix in case the DVD stops playback when the window is
> resized (and I don't know if these were ever put into a full update), but
> this isn't a problem I have.
>
> I'm pretty much at a loss as to how I can resolve this issue without
> turning
> off the screen saver each time I use my DVD player.

qfnol31

Re: Media Center/Screen Saver Conflict
I tried that, but unfortunately the screen saver comes back on and Media
Center still freezes.

Thank you though.