Help with my Vista needed!

mihiruthere93

Help with my Vista needed!
Recently, my computer had been acting up, and the graphic card (NVIDIA 7950)
even got messed up because of this. The computer wasn't starting up properly
or anything. This all started after I downloaded an apple conversion
software, Cucusoft iPod Movie/Video Converter. At first, it kept stopped
working and said the program is not responding, and then, after a few weeks,
it said "Rundlll32 has stopped working" etc., and then it said "Windows
Explorer has stopped working" etc., but then it would make all my icons and
toolbar disappear for a good twenty seconds, and then they would come back,
but the whole "Rundlll32" thing would happen again! I finally got fed up of
this, made a new account and transferred my media files, and everything was
good. wrong. my computer was extremely slow for a dual-core 2.4 ghz
processor, and itunes would continuously stop working and just freeze, while
the rest of the computer kept running. this happened yesterday. today, when I
turned on my computer, it wouldn't even start properly! the only thing that
would happen is the computer would say "the computer has not started up
preoperly. Please select one of the following: Launch Startup Repair (or
whatever its called) or Launch Windows Normally" whichever one I chose (it
would ask me if I wanted to start the computer in safe mode if I chose Launch
Startup Repair, which the computer showed no sign of doing), it lead me to
that little bar that has those green things running through it and that has
the 'Microsoft Corporation' below it. After a few minutes, the computer
restarts again and goes through the same process again! I'm currently typing
this from my other computer, hoping someone knows something I can do to save
my computer, which has everything of mine on it. Please Help!!!
EW

Re: Help with my Vista needed!
Yikes!! You have a problem, allright. I wish I had a better solution but
try this:

Try to boot up in Safe Mode (hit the F8, or F6 key, or whatever). Then
after booting up, go to the Control Panel and try to uninstall the Apple
converter program. If successful, you may have to reboot. If so, try to
reboot in Safe Mode again, then go to System Restore and restore your
computer to the closest date BEFORE you installed the Apple software. This
should get you back fine.

Let me know.

EW

"mihiruthere93" <mihiruthere93@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently, my computer had been acting up, and the graphic card (NVIDIA
> 7950)
> even got messed up because of this. The computer wasn't starting up
> properly
> or anything. This all started after I downloaded an apple conversion
> software, Cucusoft iPod Movie/Video Converter. At first, it kept stopped
> working and said the program is not responding, and then, after a few
> weeks,
> it said "Rundlll32 has stopped working" etc., and then it said "Windows
> Explorer has stopped working" etc., but then it would make all my icons
> and
> toolbar disappear for a good twenty seconds, and then they would come
> back,
> but the whole "Rundlll32" thing would happen again! I finally got fed up
> of
> this, made a new account and transferred my media files, and everything
> was
> good. wrong. my computer was extremely slow for a dual-core 2.4 ghz
> processor, and itunes would continuously stop working and just freeze,
> while
> the rest of the computer kept running. this happened yesterday. today,
> when I
> turned on my computer, it wouldn't even start properly! the only thing
> that
> would happen is the computer would say "the computer has not started up
> preoperly. Please select one of the following: Launch Startup Repair (or
> whatever its called) or Launch Windows Normally" whichever one I chose (it
> would ask me if I wanted to start the computer in safe mode if I chose
> Launch
> Startup Repair, which the computer showed no sign of doing), it lead me to
> that little bar that has those green things running through it and that
> has
> the 'Microsoft Corporation' below it. After a few minutes, the computer
> restarts again and goes through the same process again! I'm currently
> typing
> this from my other computer, hoping someone knows something I can do to
> save
> my computer, which has everything of mine on it. Please Help!!!

mihiruthere93

Re: Help with my Vista needed!
Unfortunately, even if I choose to start up the computer in safe mode, the
computer will restart again. Seeing as nothing is working, I'm probably going
to hire someone who can try and recover all my data and tehn reinstall
Vista... unelss someone can think up of something of course.