desktop background disabled

bam

desktop background disabled
i have a new laptop, and it's been working fine-- until the other day when i
suddenly didn't have my desktop background pic any more-- so i went to the
control panel to check it-- and got a screen saying that "this feature has
been disabled" and to see the computer administrator, which i thought was
ME.....??? also... i suddenly no longer have TABS...which i use alot....and
my menu bar is always showing...i usually have it hidden...when i go to
"tools" and check my toolbars....the "menu" is no longer on there...so i do
not have the option of hiding it now.....?? this is some bizzare
stuff...never seen anything like this....HELP!
mon

RE: desktop background disabled
I have the same problem on my computer and I don't know what to do
If anybody have an answer

thanks anyway

mon

"bam" wrote:

> i have a new laptop, and it's been working fine-- until the other day when i
> suddenly didn't have my desktop background pic any more-- so i went to the
> control panel to check it-- and got a screen saying that "this feature has
> been disabled" and to see the computer administrator, which i thought was
> ME.....??? also... i suddenly no longer have TABS...which i use alot....and
> my menu bar is always showing...i usually have it hidden...when i go to
> "tools" and check my toolbars....the "menu" is no longer on there...so i do
> not have the option of hiding it now.....?? this is some bizzare
> stuff...never seen anything like this....HELP!

Cal Bear '66

Re: desktop background disabled
For the desktop background problem, you can try this:

Control Panel (Classic view) > Ease of Access Center > "Make the computer easier
to see" link > assure that the "Remove background images (where available)"
checkbox is NOT checked.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"mon" <mon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news51B25DE-5C3A-4F8F-A3D2-E3FB96F08D16@microsoft.com...
>I have the same problem on my computer and I don't know what to do
> If anybody have an answer
>
> thanks anyway
>
> mon
>
> "bam" wrote:
>
>> i have a new laptop, and it's been working fine-- until the other day when i
>> suddenly didn't have my desktop background pic any more-- so i went to the
>> control panel to check it-- and got a screen saying that "this feature has
>> been disabled" and to see the computer administrator, which i thought was
>> ME.....??? also... i suddenly no longer have TABS...which i use alot....and
>> my menu bar is always showing...i usually have it hidden...when i go to
>> "tools" and check my toolbars....the "menu" is no longer on there...so i do
>> not have the option of hiding it now.....?? this is some bizzare
>> stuff...never seen anything like this....HELP!

bambam

Re: desktop background disabled
thanks, i checked it out...and that is not the problem. i just can't figure
any of it out! it's very frustrating! thanks for your suggestion! bam

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> For the desktop background problem, you can try this:
>
> Control Panel (Classic view) > Ease of Access Center > "Make the computer easier
> to see" link > assure that the "Remove background images (where available)"
> checkbox is NOT checked.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "mon" <mon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news51B25DE-5C3A-4F8F-A3D2-E3FB96F08D16@microsoft.com...
> >I have the same problem on my computer and I don't know what to do
> > If anybody have an answer
> >
> > thanks anyway
> >
> > mon
> >
> > "bam" wrote:
> >
> >> i have a new laptop, and it's been working fine-- until the other day when i
> >> suddenly didn't have my desktop background pic any more-- so i went to the
> >> control panel to check it-- and got a screen saying that "this feature has
> >> been disabled" and to see the computer administrator, which i thought was
> >> ME.....??? also... i suddenly no longer have TABS...which i use alot....and
> >> my menu bar is always showing...i usually have it hidden...when i go to
> >> "tools" and check my toolbars....the "menu" is no longer on there...so i do
> >> not have the option of hiding it now.....?? this is some bizzare
> >> stuff...never seen anything like this....HELP!

mon

Re: desktop background disabled
Ilooked and it was unckecked....so this is not the problems.......

thanks anyway

if you have any other solution, please tell me

mon

"bambam" wrote:

> thanks, i checked it out...and that is not the problem. i just can't figure
> any of it out! it's very frustrating! thanks for your suggestion! bam
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
> > For the desktop background problem, you can try this:
> >
> > Control Panel (Classic view) > Ease of Access Center > "Make the computer easier
> > to see" link > assure that the "Remove background images (where available)"
> > checkbox is NOT checked.
> >

> > I Bleed Blue and Gold
> > GO BEARS!
> >

> > "mon" <mon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news51B25DE-5C3A-4F8F-A3D2-E3FB96F08D16@microsoft.com...
> > >I have the same problem on my computer and I don't know what to do
> > > If anybody have an answer
> > >
> > > thanks anyway
> > >
> > > mon

lilly

"bam" wrote:

> i have a new laptop, and it's been working fine-- until the other day when i
> suddenly didn't have my desktop background pic any more-- so i went to the
> control panel to check it-- and got a screen saying that "this feature has
> been disabled" and to see the computer administrator, which i thought was
> ME.....??? also... i suddenly no longer have TABS...which i use alot....and
> my menu bar is always showing...i usually have it hidden...when i go to
> "tools" and check my toolbars....the "menu" is no longer on there...so i do
> not have the option of hiding it now.....?? this is some bizzare
> stuff...never seen anything like this....HELP!

adi

RE: desktop background disabled
My only problem is that my desktop background pic has been disabled please help

"bam" wrote:

> i have a new laptop, and it's been working fine-- until the other day when i
> suddenly didn't have my desktop background pic any more-- so i went to the
> control panel to check it-- and got a screen saying that "this feature has
> been disabled" and to see the computer administrator, which i thought was
> ME.....??? also... i suddenly no longer have TABS...which i use alot....and
> my menu bar is always showing...i usually have it hidden...when i go to
> "tools" and check my toolbars....the "menu" is no longer on there...so i do
> not have the option of hiding it now.....?? this is some bizzare
> stuff...never seen anything like this....HELP!

adi

RE: desktop background disabled
I do have a new laptop on June bought from Australia and am in Fiji. I have
excess to everything but just two weeks back my desktop background has been
disabled just like "bam" says so please help.

"bam" wrote:

> i have a new laptop, and it's been working fine-- until the other day when i
> suddenly didn't have my desktop background pic any more-- so i went to the
> control panel to check it-- and got a screen saying that "this feature has
> been disabled" and to see the computer administrator, which i thought was
> ME.....??? also... i suddenly no longer have TABS...which i use alot....and
> my menu bar is always showing...i usually have it hidden...when i go to
> "tools" and check my toolbars....the "menu" is no longer on there...so i do
> not have the option of hiding it now.....?? this is some bizzare
> stuff...never seen anything like this....HELP!

supernova2008 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
desktop background disabled fix
the desktop background disabled happens due to some malware...
first dowload free SuperAnti-Spyware from SUPERAntiSpyware.com - Downloads and remove malware

Second download Spybot serach & destroy from The home of Spybot-S&D! - this will fix the registry changes done by the malware and desktop b/g feature will be enabled again