Vista SP1 Improves System Overall Performance!

Windy

Vista SP1 Improves System Overall Performance!
I've installed Vista SP1 Beta (6.0.6001.16633). Everything comes all
right and I am now enjoying an improved performance. But the installation
takes more than 40 minutes, and it required at least 6 GB free space, which
really make me surprised!

But there seems a problem. After the installation, every time the UAC
window popup, it reads "Unidentified Publisher", even though I open the
system's own apps, such as "Disk Cleanup" and "Parental Controls". Anybody
has a idea about that? Is it a bug? Thanks!

Of course I am not complaining about it, after all ,it's a beta version.
^_^

Richard G. Harper

Re: Vista SP1 Improves System Overall Performance!
Asked and answered elsewhere.

"Windy" <ibelieveicando@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've installed Vista SP1 Beta (6.0.6001.16633). Everything comes all
> right and I am now enjoying an improved performance. But the installation
> takes more than 40 minutes, and it required at least 6 GB free space,
> which
> really make me surprised!
>
> But there seems a problem. After the installation, every time the UAC
> window popup, it reads "Unidentified Publisher", even though I open the
> system's own apps, such as "Disk Cleanup" and "Parental Controls". Anybody
> has a idea about that? Is it a bug? Thanks!
>
> Of course I am not complaining about it, after all ,it's a beta
> version.
> ^_^

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Vista SP1 Improves System Overall Performance!
Better software is an unfinished product. You should not
be installing beta software, especially if you are not
an authorized beta tester and downloaded the software
from an unauthorized web site.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Windy" wrote:

I've installed Vista SP1 Beta (6.0.6001.16633). Everything comes all
right and I am now enjoying an improved performance. But the installation
takes more than 40 minutes, and it required at least 6 GB free space, which
really make me surprised!

But there seems a problem. After the installation, every time the UAC
window popup, it reads "Unidentified Publisher", even though I open the
system's own apps, such as "Disk Cleanup" and "Parental Controls". Anybody
has a idea about that? Is it a bug? Thanks!

Of course I am not complaining about it, after all ,it's a beta version.
^_^

Kerry Brown

Re: Vista SP1 Improves System Overall Performance!
There is a reason that this beta version has not been released to the
public. It is not ready for public consumption. I have to assume that you
are not part of the beta program. If you were you would know where to report
bugs. My recommendation is to backup your data then perform a clean install
of Vista as the beta software you have installed is not uninstallable.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User