Security Popup

dec199

Security Popup
My windows vista automatically upgraded and now I am getting a security pop
up everytime I try to open an email, "do you wan to allow this?????"

Can this be turned off?

--
New to Vista
Debbie
Paul Smith

Re: Security Popup
"dec199" <dec199@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My windows vista automatically upgraded and now I am getting a security
> pop
> up everytime I try to open an email, "do you wan to allow this?????"
>
> Can this be turned off?

This doesn't sound like expected behavior, what application and/or website
are you using for e-mail?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

dec199

Re: Security Popup
internet explorer and earthlink
--
New to Vista
Debbie

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> "dec199" <dec199@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My windows vista automatically upgraded and now I am getting a security
> > pop
> > up everytime I try to open an email, "do you wan to allow this?????"
> >
> > Can this be turned off?

> This doesn't sound like expected behavior, what application and/or website
> are you using for e-mail?
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Sephyx

RE: Security Popup

Likely your talking about User Account Control, and yes it can be turned off.
MDOC

Re: Security Popup

Sephyx;428597 Wrote:
> Likely your talking about User Account Control, and yes it can be turned
> off.

This happens every time email is opened? No, that's unlikely... You
don't need UAC for that.

--
MDOC
Ken Blake

Re: Security Popup
"Sephyx" <Sephyx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Likely your talking about User Account Control, and yes it can be turned
> off.

Since you didn't quote anything of the message to which you were responding
(as I did above), this is an answer without a question. I have no idea what
you are talking about or to whom you are responding..

Please reply to the newsgroup

MDOC

Re: Security Popup

Notice that I didn't bother to quote you, because I'm directly below you
in this thread.

You use quotes when replying to messages other than directly above
yours (which you did).

--
MDOC
Ken Blake

Re: Security Popup
"MDOC" <MDOC.2vqfx2@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Notice that I didn't bother to quote you, because I'm directly below you
> in this thread.
>
> You use quotes when replying to messages other than directly above
> yours (which you did).

Sorry, that's wrong. *Many* newsgroup participants (myself included) don't
save already-read messages. There is no directly below me (or even directly
above me, which is where the previous message normally is), because all

You *may* be responding to me, but I'm not even sure of that; it could be to
someone else. If you want your message to be understood by all of us, you
*always* need to quote enough of what you are replying to to put your reply
into context.

You may, of course, do whatever you want. There are no real rules, and
nobody can tell you what you *must* do. But if you don't adhere to generally
accepted standards of netiquette (and that includes *always* quoting), you
will substantially reduce your audience. If I notice someone who habitually
doesn't quote, I normally kill-file him, because his messages are almost
always meaningless to me.

Please reply to the newsgroup

MDOC

Re: Security Popup