mfpmp.exe stopped working

chrismc20050

mfpmp.exe stopped working
i would like to know what this process does. because in the reliability chart
it keeps showing me that this process stops working. it seems to happen
everyday???
Is this a flaw that can be fixed by an update or something?
romanom

RE: mfpmp.exe stopped working
That is the Media Foundation Protected Pipeline EXE, basically it's a
suplment to Directshow and DirectX with DRM, it seems more than one person
have issues, especially when using WMP.

quote:
Microsoft Media Foundation is a new COM-based multimedia framework pipeline
and infrastructure platform for digital media in Microsoft Windows. It is the
intended replacement for Microsoft DirectShow, Windows Media SDK, DirectX
Media Objects (DMOs) and all other legacy multimedia APIs such as Audio
Compression Manager (ACM) and Video for Windows (VfW). The existing
DirectShow technology is intended to be replaced by Media Foundation
step-by-step, starting with a few features. For some time there will be a
co-existence of Media Foundation and DirectShow. Media Foundation will not be
available for previous Windows versions, including Windows XP.

The first release, present in Windows Vista, focusses on audio and video
playback quality, high-definition content (i.e. HDTV), content protection and
a more unified approach for digital data access control for digital rights
management (DRM) and its interoperability.

I wish I had a solution, but can't find one except to delete or rename the
file, that seems a bit rash to me.

"chrismc20050" wrote:

> i would like to know what this process does. because in the reliability chart
> it keeps showing me that this process stops working. it seems to happen
> everyday???
> Is this a flaw that can be fixed by an update or something?

romanom

RE: mfpmp.exe stopped working
Forgot to add that it may be a DRM issue (Digital Rights Management) do you
use a player other than WMP and do you MP3's that are DRM protected like most
you buy from services like iTunes and Sony Connect?

"chrismc20050" wrote:

> i would like to know what this process does. because in the reliability chart
> it keeps showing me that this process stops working. it seems to happen
> everyday???
> Is this a flaw that can be fixed by an update or something?

chrismc20050

RE: mfpmp.exe stopped working
Nope i just use WMP only. and i mostly get my music from Limewire these days.
or the odd music album.

would this be a reason why my WMP freezes when i change songs the odd time.
it gets really annoying. i have to click on a another song to get the MP to
unfreeze.

"romanom" wrote:

> Forgot to add that it may be a DRM issue (Digital Rights Management) do you
> use a player other than WMP and do you MP3's that are DRM protected like most
> you buy from services like iTunes and Sony Connect?
>
> "chrismc20050" wrote:
>
> > i would like to know what this process does. because in the reliability chart
> > it keeps showing me that this process stops working. it seems to happen
> > everyday???
> > Is this a flaw that can be fixed by an update or something?

romanom

RE: mfpmp.exe stopped working
That is common compliant, yes lots of people notice the exact same thing with
WMP.

Including myself, I just wish I could find a real solution. If you do a
google search for mfpmp.exe you'll see lots of people making that observation.

Somebody tried this and it supposedly worked (not for me though)

Try this procedure:-

Click 'Start'
Control Panel
Sound
Highlight 'Speakers/Headphones'
Click the 'Properties' button
Select the 'Enhancements' tab
Put a tick in the 'Disable All Enhancements' tick box
Click the 'OK' button then close all previously open windows.