System Restore Problem

smtjs

System Restore Problem
I have tried different restore points, but I keep getting the same error:

"System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files
and settings were not changed.

Details:
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

You might try System Restore again and choose a different restore point."

Thank you for any help with this.

Malke

Re: System Restore Problem
smtjs wrote:
> I have tried different restore points, but I keep getting the same error:
>
> "System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files
> and settings were not changed.
>
> Details:
> An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.
>
> You might try System Restore again and choose a different restore point."
>
> Thank you for any help with this.

Since you didn't give us any specifics about your computer, here are
various links and suggestions that may help you:

See MVP Bert Kinney's pages about System Restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/vista.html

Have a Norton security product? Problems caused by Symantec -
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html

Have a Gateway Computer? Per Jill Zoeller, MS - Go to System in Control
Panel and open the System Protection tab. Do you see a drive called
"Missing"? Selecting C:\ and deselecting "Missing" will allow the system
to take restore points normally. Note that you will not have any restore
points to restore to until a new restore point is made.

System Restore forum on AumHa.net - http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=54

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
TheITStudent

Re: System Restore Problem

Malke;424573 Wrote:
> smtjs wrote:
> > I have tried different restore points, but I keep getting the same

> error:
> >
> > "System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system

> files
> > and settings were not changed.
> >
> > Details:
> > An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.
> >
> > You might try System Restore again and choose a different restore

> point."
> >
> > Thank you for any help with this.
> >

> Since you didn't give us any specifics about your computer, here are
> various links and suggestions that may help you:
>
> See MVP Bert Kinney's pages about System Restore:
> 'System Restore in Windows Vista:'
> (http://bertk.mvps.org/html/vista.html)
>
> Have a Norton security product? Problems caused by Symantec -
> '\"Restoration Incomplete. Your computer cannot be restored . . . \"'
> (http://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html)
>
> Have a Gateway Computer? Per Jill Zoeller, MS - Go to System in Control
> Panel and open the System Protection tab. Do you see a drive called
> "Missing"? Selecting C:\ and deselecting "Missing" will allow the
> system
> to take restore points normally. Note that you will not have any
> restore
> points to restore to until a new restore point is made.
>
> System Restore forum on AumHa.net - 'AumHa Forums • View forum -
> System Restore' (http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=54)
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> 'www.elephantboycomputers.com' (http://www.elephantboycomputers.com)
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Hope this gets to the right person as I'm new to this forum Malarkey

Malke

I've had major problems with a game (Silent Hunter IV). I've been to
Unisoft the company who make the game, searched the net and allsorts
with no joy so in desperation I tried to roll back my system. It was a
joke. Every restore point that I tried didn't work. I came across this
site by chance and tried the link to Norton and low and behold it
worked! Thanks. I am so pleased that I've now joined this Forum. Can you
help with my new problem. I now need to unistall the game (SH4). Vista
removal tool doesn't work. Can you help?

--
TheITStudent