Random screen blank & frozen system

Causers

Random screen blank & frozen system
I got a new ACER TravelMate 5720G about 3 weeks ago and over the last couple
of days, at random intervals, the screen switches off and the system becomes
unresponsive. The power light is still on, as are the indicators for fully
charged battery & Wireless LAN connection. Power settings are set so that
the screen and the hard drive never switch off. Any ideas what might be
causing the problem?

Intel T7300 (2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache)
ATI Mobility Radeon X2500
2GB DDR2 RAM
RE: Random screen blank & frozen system

RE: Random screen blank & frozen system
Hi,
I have the same problem with my brand new Toshiba A200 with 2GB RAM and ATI
Mobility Radeon HD 2600. ATI refused to help and recommeded getting support
from Toshiba. http://support.ati.com/ics/support/d...asp?deptID=894

"Causers" wrote:

> I got a new ACER TravelMate 5720G about 3 weeks ago and over the last couple
> of days, at random intervals, the screen switches off and the system becomes
> unresponsive. The power light is still on, as are the indicators for fully
> charged battery & Wireless LAN connection. Power settings are set so that
> the screen and the hard drive never switch off. Any ideas what might be
> causing the problem?
>
> Intel T7300 (2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache)
> ATI Mobility Radeon X2500
> 2GB DDR2 RAM

Rick Rogers

Re: Random screen blank & frozen system
Hi,

Laptops/notebooks are proprietary machines. While the video adapter may come
from ATI, support for the systems needs to come straight from the vendor.
This is because only they are going to have knowledge of the system build
and any alterations or proprietary hardware that is used. If a new system is
not functioning properly, then it should be returned to the manufacturer
under warranty. There's no reason that the end user should have to spend
their time trying to fix it as it may be a hardware issue.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"RE: Random screen blank & frozen system" <RE: Random screen blank & frozen
system@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news609DDCB-1288-4B2B-BFF4-1A5F2224DA51@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have the same problem with my brand new Toshiba A200 with 2GB RAM and
> ATI
> Mobility Radeon HD 2600. ATI refused to help and recommeded getting
> support
> from Toshiba. http://support.ati.com/ics/support/d...asp?deptID=894
>
> "Causers" wrote:
>
>> I got a new ACER TravelMate 5720G about 3 weeks ago and over the last
>> couple
>> of days, at random intervals, the screen switches off and the system
>> becomes
>> unresponsive. The power light is still on, as are the indicators for
>> fully
>> charged battery & Wireless LAN connection. Power settings are set so
>> that
>> the screen and the hard drive never switch off. Any ideas what might be
>> causing the problem?
>>
>> Intel T7300 (2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache)
>> ATI Mobility Radeon X2500
>> 2GB DDR2 RAM

mpa324

RE: Random screen blank & frozen system
I have the sAME problem except mine is desktop..my card is 2600 xt
512mb...same black screen..monitor turns off..mine only crashes when i update
to new ati drivers,,but never on the drivers taht the card came with..the
card distributor is Diamond..but they never have any new drivers,,and they
say u can use any drivers from ati,,but those never works..it still
crashes..the card i mean..im going to wait for vista service pack see if it
fixes the prob
"RE: Random screen blank & frozen system" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have the same problem with my brand new Toshiba A200 with 2GB RAM and ATI
> Mobility Radeon HD 2600. ATI refused to help and recommeded getting support
> from Toshiba. http://support.ati.com/ics/support/d...asp?deptID=894
>
> "Causers" wrote:
>
> > I got a new ACER TravelMate 5720G about 3 weeks ago and over the last couple
> > of days, at random intervals, the screen switches off and the system becomes
> > unresponsive. The power light is still on, as are the indicators for fully
> > charged battery & Wireless LAN connection. Power settings are set so that
> > the screen and the hard drive never switch off. Any ideas what might be
> > causing the problem?
> >
> > Intel T7300 (2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache)
> > ATI Mobility Radeon X2500
> > 2GB DDR2 RAM

mpa324