Can't put computer to sleep

aac1989

Can't put computer to sleep
Ive had vista for months now and have never had any problems with the sleep
mode.. but after vista recently updated itself I can no longer put it into
sleep mode. When I expand the power button the "sleep" option is gray and
un-clickable. Help?
Rick Rogers

Re: Can't put computer to sleep
Hi,

Go into the control panel/programs and features, and click the link on the
left to look at installed updates. See if one of those was a driver update,
as a driver update will frequently cause this problem. You may want to
uninstall this update (rollback to the previous driver) to resolve the
problem.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"aac1989" <aac1989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ive had vista for months now and have never had any problems with the
> sleep
> mode.. but after vista recently updated itself I can no longer put it into
> sleep mode. When I expand the power button the "sleep" option is gray and
> un-clickable. Help?

aac1989

Re: Can't put computer to sleep
I uninstalled all of the updates that were dated 8/15 and the "sleep" option
is STILL gray and un-clickable.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Go into the control panel/programs and features, and click the link on the
> left to look at installed updates. See if one of those was a driver update,
> as a driver update will frequently cause this problem. You may want to
> uninstall this update (rollback to the previous driver) to resolve the
> problem.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "aac1989" <aac1989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ive had vista for months now and have never had any problems with the
> > sleep
> > mode.. but after vista recently updated itself I can no longer put it into
> > sleep mode. When I expand the power button the "sleep" option is gray and
> > un-clickable. Help?

Rick Rogers

Re: Can't put computer to sleep
Hi,

Were any of them driver updates?

--

>I uninstalled all of the updates that were dated 8/15 and the "sleep"
>option
> is STILL gray and un-clickable.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Go into the control panel/programs and features, and click the link on
>> the
>> left to look at installed updates. See if one of those was a driver
>> update,
>> as a driver update will frequently cause this problem. You may want to
>> uninstall this update (rollback to the previous driver) to resolve the
>> problem.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "aac1989" <aac1989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Ive had vista for months now and have never had any problems with the
>> > sleep
>> > mode.. but after vista recently updated itself I can no longer put it
>> > into
>> > sleep mode. When I expand the power button the "sleep" option is gray
>> > and
>> > un-clickable. Help?

aac1989

Re: Can't put computer to sleep