Uninstall option disappeared

Geoff Tucker

Uninstall option disappeared
I need to uninstall some Adobe programs that have become corrupted so I can
reinstall them. When I go to the Control Panel for Uninstall a Program, I can
click on any program listed but the Uninstall button is never visible. Nor do
the Repair or Change buttons appear. I uninstalled some programs yesterday
and this option was available.

How do I now uninstall these programs?

Running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit on Gateway GT5428.
dean-dean

Re: Uninstall option disappeared
I've had the "Uninstall or Change a Program" Control Panel using the
Contacts folder template (with Import and Export [contacts] in the Toolbar).
This might not correspond to your problem, but I think you are having
template problems, none-the-less. Of course, there is no way to change the
"folder" template for "Uninstall or Change a Program".

To reset the folder type, even pretend ones like "Uninstall or Change a
Program", for a Windows folder (that is, when it's showing inappropriate
tasks in the toolbar), you'll have to do this:

In the Registry Editor, go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local
Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU

Then right-click on the key BagMRU, in the left-hand pane, and choose
delete. Then go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local
Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

Right-click on the key Bags, in the left-hand pane, and choose delete.

Log off and log back on to Windows to re-create the keys (done
automatically), and start anew. This will reset all your folders to the
default templates.

"Geoff Tucker" <GeoffTucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to uninstall some Adobe programs that have become corrupted so I can
> reinstall them. When I go to the Control Panel for Uninstall a Program, I
> can
> click on any program listed but the Uninstall button is never visible. Nor
> do
> the Repair or Change buttons appear. I uninstalled some programs yesterday
> and this option was available.
>
> How do I now uninstall these programs?
>
> Running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit on Gateway GT5428.

duncan

Re: Uninstall option disappeared
I have a similar problem. When I open Control Panel programs do not display
properly, you cannot uninstall/repair or change.
I did a system restore but would not complete. I did a startup repair. I did
a full scan.
Everything works. Startup gave a clean bill of health. But I would like the
control panel to work normally.
I am using Vista Home Premium.
--
scottie