KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

Rod Hall

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
Please... can we just have a version of Vista that is ULTIMATE-BASIC..if you
(MS)are planning to terminate XP in the life cycle prog?

No fancy Ultimate add-ons - no dreamscence desktops - no transparancy - no
window collapse animations, no pseudo protection - UAC with its seriously
annoying alerts.

That was the first thing I dis-abled, along with the disk thrashing
indexing, oh and trhe totally useless defrag tool, that competes with the
indexing..

Please ...just basic simple RELIABLE functionality - and a HDD the has a
chance of lasting more than a year!

I want my PC to boot fast and shut down fast and be useable.

So I have a bandoned Norton and all the other offenders so there is no-one
else to blame- but the OS ..it is a DOG.

My XP_SP2 laptop is just soooo superior yet it has 1/2 the RAM and .60 the
processing power.

Damn you Vista.

Why do we have to be punished by a mega corp that uses the world as its
extended beta prog.

I think the Open Source world, albeit frought with support invisibles, has
got to be better than this abuse

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance
$$

Re: KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:19:38 -0700, Rod Hall
<RodHall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

No one is listening. They're too busy convincing the masses that Vista
is the greatest and most sophisticated OS by far. I blame the Beta
testers for this fiasco. No joke.

>Please... can we just have a version of Vista that is ULTIMATE-BASIC..if you
>(MS)are planning to terminate XP in the life cycle prog?
>
>No fancy Ultimate add-ons - no dreamscence desktops - no transparancy - no
>window collapse animations, no pseudo protection - UAC with its seriously
>annoying alerts.
>
>That was the first thing I dis-abled, along with the disk thrashing
>indexing, oh and trhe totally useless defrag tool, that competes with the
>indexing..
>
>Please ...just basic simple RELIABLE functionality - and a HDD the has a
>chance of lasting more than a year!
>
>I want my PC to boot fast and shut down fast and be useable.
>
>So I have a bandoned Norton and all the other offenders so there is no-one
>else to blame- but the OS ..it is a DOG.
>
>My XP_SP2 laptop is just soooo superior yet it has 1/2 the RAM and .60 the
>processing power.
>
>Damn you Vista.
>
>Why do we have to be punished by a mega corp that uses the world as its
>extended beta prog.
>
>I think the Open Source world, albeit frought with support invisibles, has
>got to be better than this abuse
>

>----------------
>This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
>http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

John Lee Brown

Re: KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
Then you think we should go back to the old days before graphical interfaces
and uses OP's such as CP/M which in its day worked great and was easier to
use then DOS. The whole point of a graphical interface be it MS or Apple is
for all of the fancy bells and whistles.

"$$" <tba.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:19:38 -0700, Rod Hall
> <RodHall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> No one is listening. They're too busy convincing the masses that Vista
> is the greatest and most sophisticated OS by far. I blame the Beta
> testers for this fiasco. No joke.
>
>>Please... can we just have a version of Vista that is ULTIMATE-BASIC..if
>>you
>>(MS)are planning to terminate XP in the life cycle prog?
>>
>>No fancy Ultimate add-ons - no dreamscence desktops - no transparancy - no
>>window collapse animations, no pseudo protection - UAC with its seriously
>>annoying alerts.
>>
>>That was the first thing I dis-abled, along with the disk thrashing
>>indexing, oh and trhe totally useless defrag tool, that competes with the
>>indexing..
>>
>>Please ...just basic simple RELIABLE functionality - and a HDD the has a
>>chance of lasting more than a year!
>>
>>I want my PC to boot fast and shut down fast and be useable.
>>
>>So I have a bandoned Norton and all the other offenders so there is no-one
>>else to blame- but the OS ..it is a DOG.
>>
>>My XP_SP2 laptop is just soooo superior yet it has 1/2 the RAM and .60 the
>>processing power.
>>
>>Damn you Vista.
>>
>>Why do we have to be punished by a mega corp that uses the world as its
>>extended beta prog.
>>
>>I think the Open Source world, albeit frought with support invisibles, has
>>got to be better than this abuse
>>

>>----------------
>>This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>>suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>>Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>>this
>>link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>>click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>>http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

Curtis D. Levin

"John Lee Brown" <johnlbrown53notospam@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Then you think we should go back to the old days before graphical
> interfaces and uses OP's such as CP/M which in its day worked great and
> was easier to use then DOS. The whole point of a graphical interface be it
> MS or Apple is for all of the fancy bells and whistles.

'Why not simply do what the first poster said, and disable what you don't
like.

Worked for XP, worked for 98, worked for 3.1.

Why all of a sudden now is it different?

Curtis

Zookeeper

Re: KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
I smile, but must shamefully admit that 7 days into the Vista Premium I love
it, as much as my XP Media Center Edition on my laptop. Spent 4 solid days
happily getting frazzled at needing to delete and disable much of their
"great" new items, like the user account protection that is popup crazy.But
part of the fun for me is tweaking a computer to DEATH, just like never being
happy with a house I can't rip up and remodel. I found the system basically
pretty straight forward but for a few odd things. A computer called "Old
reliable"? Not these days! You must feed the Micro-mouth big bucks and hope
that your flashy new machine will last until the next one comes out. And
isn't that what people WANT? Always grabbing the newest TV, car, etc., though
the old one is fine. I expected tons of aggravation and was sort of sad it
actually is a nice product. But I wouldn't pay hundreds for it, if not on a
new machine I'd wait for the sales.
--
mediacenter newbie